Recruiting Football Talk VII

Think we need to run Milton/options more. Commit to being a great running team with a good defense. You can’t bench your SR QB being 5-1 and top 15 especially going into Bryant Denny

But if he’s gonna play more like a pocket passer and only have 100 yards and complete 50% then Nico would do no worse

If the defenses continue to play man it will continue to limit Joe Milton and our WRs. But it won't limit our RBs. They're going to continue to run over everyone.

If a defense switches up and plays zone that's going to open our passing game. There's got to be a reason teams are continuing to choose our run game as their poison of choice? Ain't figured that one out yet.
I honestly think that the coaching staff is not totally comfortable doing some of the things this offense is designed to do because the confidence in Milton making the throws just isn't there and the receivers have dropped way to many passes as well. We need a couple of guys to step up and catch a few bad passes, go after the tough ones harder and catch the ones they're suppose to on a regular basis. The ball has got to come out quicker as well but I'm not a coach so my take doesn't count for much.
Free Animated Taz Gifs.gif

Think we need to run Milton/options more. Commit to being a great running team with a good defense. You can’t bench your SR QB being 5-1 and top 15 especially going into Bryant Denny

But if he’s gonna play more like a pocket passer and only have 100 yards and complete 50% then Nico would do no worse
I agree we should run him more. I think the coaches need to show him a KJ Jefferson highlight tape from today, and tell him do that.

I knew the bunch play, play action throw to Keyton was coming at some point on 2nd/3rd and short. Keyton is in his own head with drops now. We need more designed plays like that where Milton doesn’t really have to think about it. The misdirection pass to Warren for the first TD was a great call, too.

I knew the bunch play, play action throw to Keyton was coming at some point on 2nd/3rd and short. Keyton is in his own head with drops now. We need more designed plays like that where Milton doesn’t really have to think about it. The misdirection pass to Warren for the first TD was a great call, too.
Yea both were really good calls. I called a TD to Keyton as soon as I saw it… obviously didn’t work out lol.

Need to continue to get guys in space from motion and misdirection. Sampson in motion and running the option was another good one

The thing about it, is that it’s a jimmy and joe issue not x and o like the past for us. We have a qb who is an incredible young man and ambassador but can’t run this thing to the level we need. I hope we find a qb that can compliment this rush attach and defense.
Milton can be the guy. We need to forget, his R are giving him nothing. No help. Guy ran twice, and ripped off two big runs. Where was that during thr game? This offense has to have QB run occasionally to br effective.

If the defenses continue to play man it will continue to limit Joe Milton and our WRs. But it won't limit our RBs. They're going to continue to run over everyone.

If a defense switches up and plays zone that's going to open our passing game. There's got to be a reason teams are continuing to choose our run game as their poison of choice? Ain't figured that one out yet.

100% Correct. Teams are realizing that now which is a big reason we don’t have guys running wide open now, the lack of separation hurts tho. Not able to create as many mismatches either, which is what Huep did so much the past two years

Milton needs to run more, they’ll be forced to use a spy every play or run more zone. Far too often Milton could be decisive and take off and pick up an easy 5+

This is actually how I see it getting done and it is in the playbook. RPO. They need to run it 5-10 times per game and use the options to force the D's to adapt. It will help open the running lanes and set up the deep passes.

Currently the D's are indeed scheming to stop our run game first. RPOs give them the look, but give Joe the option to pass it if his primary receiver is open.

Pretty much my thought as well. Nico time IF Joe continues to play this way (perhaps after Ga.)). I'd love to see Joe explode but when?

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back