Recruiting Football Talk VII

It’s FIBA, not the Olympics. I’d go on a limb and say most the big timers will play in the Olympics

Right. When have people ever cared about FIBA anyways? Lol. That was literally our F- squad.

And even for the olympics, not all the dudes come out because the US has nothing left to prove. People forget the reason why the 92 team was different was because it was the first we ever got to play our pros. It was unique and felt like a chance of a lifetime. Now guys might do it once, then move on.

My biggest takeaway is this preverse joy folks get these days in watching their US sports teams lose in international events. Really freakin weird, but by all means loyalty is not required in a free country.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I don't want a rapist to get away...but I sure as hell don't want an innocent person being sent to jail just because he is a jerk, and some gold diggers decided to try and cash out.

I don't know about this one either way, but I don't trust the California justice system or jurors as far as I can throw them.

If you say there is no reason at all to have at least a little doubt about this verdict...then whatever.

I hope if he is guilty that he pays for it.
I'm saying he was convicted and sentenced. That's all I know.

Nebraska +3 vs Colorado is interesting.

96% of the public is betting Colorado.

Classic betting spot to fade the public.
I took Nebraska. Hopefully Colorado is fool's gold. I don't think they've gotten really good, really fast. I think they're better and TCU is worse, but I think Nebraska wins it. . . or at least covers.

Right. When have people ever cared about FIBA anyways? Lol. That was literally our F- squad.

And even for the olympics, not all the dudes come out because the US has nothing left to prove. People forget the reason why the 92 team was different was because it was the first we ever got to play our pros. It was unique and felt like a chance of a lifetime. Now guys might do it once, then move on.

My biggest takeaway is this preverse joy folks get these days in watching their US sports teams lose in international events. Really freakin weird, but by all means loyalty is not required in a free country.
I think it’s a good reality check for those that like to sh*t on our country (women’s soccer team) but overall I agree

Reactions: bigorange
Which sport is your go to on betting, I never bet on College or Pro basketball!!!!
Small league college anything.

Pro sports are sucker bets. And the biggest games are the worst ones. Sharps focus on them.

Props are nice, too many for sharps to keep eyes on all of them.

Reactions: knoxvol52
@frank said you in particular were especially mean and that you should publicly apologize. That's what he said.
tenor.gif

I think it’s a good reality check for those that like to sh*t on our country (women’s soccer team) but overall I agree
Critique is better than yes men (and women). Big gap between critique vs hating. Love for one's country should necessarily include pointing out its faults imo, not keeping a blind eye.

Now the "critiques" folks will disagree ofc, doesn't change the motives. Demonizing others, as both sides are wont to do, does no good either. Listen to critique, understand they want what's best too, and if you disagree, then it is what it is. Doesn't mean the other person has hate because they a have different pov. Same as with all the kneeling...it wasn't anti-American or troops lol. And if people truly listened, I think that was clearly apparent.

Also unsure of the principle that by bashing them it will somehow give them a "reality check" or make them give up their principles.

Jmo

I've got 3 girls, I constantly worry about something bad like that happening. I'm afraid of what I'd do if it did. I don't say that like I'm big and bad, but I know me. We had someone try to break in once, and I almost went to jail for my reaction. I don't want trouble with anyone, but if trouble comes knocking, I'm willing to answer with violence.
We all know you're not big. You and your Hobbit size, I can see you attacking a burglar now.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back