Recruiting Football Talk VII

View attachment 643428

First Indy.
You know you are old when you have been alive for more than half the Indy races.
My late dad was a big race fan. He took us to Indy once when I was a kid. That's the first thing I thought of when you said "Indy." I was never a big racing fan (like my brothers) but it's really not an exaggeration when people say that these things "build memories."

That reminds me that I need to call my mom. She loves Vols football. I call her before or after every game. My dad did, too.

My late dad was a big race fan. He took us to Indy once when I was a kid. That's the first thing I thought of when you said "Indy." I was never a big racing fan (like my brothers) but it's really is not an exaggeration when people say that these things "build memories."

That reminds me that I need to call my mom. She loves Vols football. I call her before or after every game.
I went once back in late 80s and the only race I watch on tv, and then not every year at that. the past few years have been a good watch and competitive.

Dude hit instantaeous 243 the other day in qualifying.

This is unfortunate. SIAP.

The injury to Beck delays the project of developing a power-hitting prospect at the Major League level.

The 38th overall pick in 2022 out of the University of Tennessee, Beck earned a callup on April 30, after second-year left fielder Nolan Jones went to the injured list with a back injury. Beck had earned the team’s Spring Training Most Valuable Player award, then batted .307 with five home runs and 28 RBIs in 25 games at Triple-A Albuquerque.​

Last edited:
NCAA baseball committee always looking for a storyline for brackets.

#1 seed Tennessee

Super Regional matchup if seeds win is #16 Mississippi State .🤔

Projected . Watch it happen tomorrow at Noon.
Just like softball, Oklahoma v Florida State, Tennessee vs Alabama, and Texas vs Texas A&M for supers.

My late dad was a big race fan. He took us to Indy once when I was a kid. That's the first thing I thought of when you said "Indy." I was never a big racing fan (like my brothers) but it's really not an exaggeration when people say that these things "build memories."

That reminds me that I need to call my mom. She loves Vols football. I call her before or after every game. My dad did, too.
Grest memories Orange…..I am not a big race fan BUT today I set aside to watch Monoco, Indy and then Charlotte mainly for the pomp and ceremony.

Today will be gladly interrupted by a baseball / softball game…..GBO !!

Good grief, Soil, let it go. We can read. We understood your criticism. We simply didn’t agree with criticizing when you don’t know everything that went on even if you saw things you didn’t hear things. And even if Tony said something he didn’t say everything that happened so we still don’t don’t know. I just thought it was ironic that in one post you criticized someone for making up what they thought happened then your next post was to act like you knew. There’s no telling what was said.

I dropped it until you questioned my reading comprehension. Going to drop it again even if you don’t comprehend again….not trying to take away your right to criticize Tony. Go ahead. People may disagree with you. It was about criticizing when you didn’t know what happened. NOT that big of a deal. Just a conversation.
My problem is the continued misrepresentation of what I said, but go ahead. You can disagree with my opinion, that's fine. But if you fail to understand my perspective and continue to misrepresent it, I'm going to defend myself.

You and Jacket are trying to tell me I was taking a stance on what was said by Tony, and I wasn't. I don't know what Tony said and my perspective isn't based on that. Idk how many times I have to repeat that before it's clear. My statement was based on what was clearly observed then CONFIRMED by Tony himself. If you want to disagree with my actual stance (that athletes shouldn't run their mouths at opposing coaches and coaches shouldn't do the same to opposing players) then I will drop it, because that's okay to disagree on that.

But I won't drop it if my actual statements are misrepresented and I'm compared to a guy who made up a rumor about racial slurs being said for attention.

Reactions: SugarCC
I don't watch much except the Vols, and I've seen only The Righteous Gemstones. Give me your Top 5 to check out.
Just a few from the last several years.

Netflix: Ozark, Lincoln Lawyer, Bloodline, Queens Gambit, Cobra Kai ( cheesy but you just can’t stop watching it)

Prime: Bosch, Jack Ryan, Terminal List

Apple: Blackbird, Severence

HBO Max: Succession

Hulu: The Old Man, Dopesick

Peacock: Dr Death

Paramount Plus: Mayor of Kingstown

Last edited:

VN Store

Back