Recruiting Football Talk VII

He certainly didn't get the 13M he was promised, nor the 9M that he turned down. And unless I'm missing something, I don't think he got much of anything from Arizona State.
This is basically UF fans' argument (nothing against you 😆)...

They're saying he never made much and now he and his family are getting desperate as his stock drops and about to be QB3 at UGA. NiL offers dried up, NFL prospects questionable, etc.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It looks like Arky is going to start a pitcher that is not their normal starter (9 total appearances) with a 6.00 ERA tomorrow. I guess DVH wants the early exit and rest.

He gets paid to cover the Vols. He should know their history.
KNOWING their history and PRIORITIZING it over what he’s witnessed in his lifetime in an OPINION based ranking are separate things. I’d place Doug Atkins in a top 3 DL of all time even tho his Vols career pre-dated my birth, but much of that is influenced by my Bears fandom and access to NFL Films footage. Walker, Zander and even Hacksaw Reynolds don’t head my list of linebackers…even tho I KNOW their greatness.

This is basically UF fans' argument (nothing against you 😆)...

They're saying he never made much and now he and his family are getting desperate as his stock drops and about to be QB3 at UGA. NiL offers dried up, NFL prospects questionable, etc.
He's the thing about that. It doesn't matter what he's worth now, it matters what he was worth then, and the offer you made. If they have it in writing, texts, emails, anything like that... it's over.

Inflection points. Different for everyone.

1k is 1k. Go for 2k? Do as you please. It's not going to change anything in your life/game of life.

350k vs 400k...depends on remaining odds and how much that $ is worth to you. Imagine being offered $8 for something valued at $10, for instance. The cashouts are begging you to give away your equity. Depends what it's worth to you - inflection point vs maximizing EV.

Crypto folks know...sometimes you have to let it ride and for years. My MiL wanted us to sell when we were up just15k many years ago. Thank the lord we ignored. Wasn't an inflection point for us.

When your original $5 is worth $350k in hand, do you turn down the $350k cash-out and try to get the $400k because "it's only a $5 bet"?

Once you are offered $350k, the bet is no longer a $5 bet, it is a $350k bet to win $400k or whatever they payout is..

That's the argument. When your initial bet is offered a cash-out worth a high percentage of the initial pay-out, do you cash-out or not?

Gambling is different than trading. In trading you have multiple opportunities to sell and you have plenty of time to study the trends on a trade. You generally don't lose 100% in trading either.

When you are up from $5 to $350k on a trade, it doesn't disappear instantly. You can see it falling and choose to get out on the way down. . . turn down a cash-out and it's all or nothing.

When your original $5 is worth $350k in hand, do you turn down the $350k cash-out and try to get the $400k because "it's only a $5 bet"?

Once you are offered $350k, the bet is no longer a $5 bet, it is a $350k bet to win $400k or whatever they payout is..

That's the argument. When your initial bet is offered a cash-out worth a high percentage of the initial pay-out, do you cash-out or not?

Gambling is different than trading. In trading you have multiple opportunities to sell and you have plenty of time to study the trends on a trade. You generally don't lose 100% in trading either.

When you are up from $5 to $350k on a trade, it doesn't disappear instantly. You can see it falling and choose to get out on the way down. . . turn down a cash-out and it's all or nothing.
I dont look at insurance as gambling..not having insurance is gambling.

He's the thing about that. It doesn't matter what he's worth now, it matters what he was worth then, and the offer you made. If they have it in writing, texts, emails, anything like that... it's over.
I think he can argue they caused his value to drop.

Last edited:
New trending GIF tagged animal smoking cigarette alligator… | Trending Gifs

Cliffnotes from the article because I'm seeing a lot of questions:

The long and the short of it is that something like this should have cost Napier his job pre us slaying the NCAA:

Outside of NCAA-related punishments, I do think he is in legal trouble. All those Florida guys are. They completely screwed this up. No coach should have been anywhere near all of that in the early days.

I believe that the result is a mound of negative recruiting for all of Florida's rivals. It will probably cost them more high profile recruits and negative pub than if the NCAA could (would) actually do something.

Tl;dr version....Screenshot_20240521_181527_DuckDuckGo.jpg

VN Store

Back