Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think it might be against international law for a minor to cross borders for work. I believe that’s why European teams sign young South American players and leave them there until their 18.

Each country has a different rule. He can't play in Man City until 18 because of English laws, but he can play at their affiliates in mainland Europe at 16. If he's performing well with the Union then ManU will probably call him up to one of those clubs at 16 then transfer to ManU at 18.

Correct that each country is different. There are also rules in place from a FIFA standpoint. The FIFA rules were put in place to stop the exploitation of African and South American players by agents and other middle men trying to make a buck off them without putting their actual future on the best path.

There are always exceptions to a lot of these rules though, they just come with risks. Idk if student visas are still an option though to be fair to my first comment. I think that option got nuked. Still there are some options if you are willing. Pulisic is a good example of this. He was able to be signed by Dortmund when he was a teenager because he was able to get dual citizenship through his grandfathers Croatian descent. So he was then a citizen of the EU and able to be legally signed by Dortmund. There wasn’t any risk there for Dortmund once he got the citizenship because he could then sign a legit contract. There are similar situations in the UK like this where clubs could find ways to get exceptional players in early, but they can come with risks so a lot of clubs try and sign the player but it just doesn’t become active until they are 18, like City is doing with Sullivan.

Last edited:
View attachment 639686

Another good challenge, #10 at Inn of the Mountain Gods, 297 yd. par 4 from the white tees. Both the tee shot and approach shot require a carry over water. The first time I played the hole, I hit my tee shot too far and ended up in the 2nd water hazard.
My ball was in the water before I stepped onto the course. There was no try, only do.

Well done Sir.

Last edited:
Good point.

They are killing the goose. If I didn't love Tennessee for a lot of sentimental familial reasons that really have little to do with actual sports...I would already be out...I don't know how much longer I will remain engaged.

It makes me sad that they are killing something I love for pure greed and nothing else.

All of you dense unsentimental types that have no such ties to the Vols will never understand that.

I am glad that we have an Admin and coaches that seem to care about those abstractions, and are actively trying to do things to keep those of us with these feelings engaged...they are building on our roots instead of tearing them out and bulldozing over them....I really appreciate that and I hope it works out for all of our sakes...it really seems to be right now.

Thats ridiculous. Granted its a fine line. Ya dont want him to miss out. But 14 is young. No way i'm letting my 14 yo play professional sports, not even for $1B.

Id even let em play at 17, pref 18. if his grades are good. That's just too early.
Soccer is very different. The best usually go to Europe at young ages to get the best development. Hopefully this kid makes it there sooner than later.

They are killing the goose. If I didn't love Tennessee for a lot of sentimental familial reasons that really have little to do with actual sports...I would already be out...I don't know how much longer I will remain engaged.

It makes me sad that they are killing something I love for pure greed and nothing else.

All of you dense unsentimental types that have no such ties to the Vols will never understand that.

I am glad that we have an Admin and coaches that seem to care about those abstractions, and are actively trying to do things to keep those of us with these feelings engaged...they are building on our roots instead of tearing them out and bulldozing over them....I really appreciate that and I hope it works out for all of our sakes...it really seems to be right now.
Yup. I'm 100% for NIL and these changes good for players, but mass realignment is a mere shortsighted money grab for the usual suspects, while potentially killing off dozens and dozens of smaller schools' programs.

I've thought similarly to the poster. Schools like (founding member) Vandy and others now have to consider how long before "they don't make enough money for US aka the Sankey's pockets".

And once they cut it down to 32...24...16 superteams, a lot of very good programs are going to be on the verge. All so the TOP TOP programs can consolidate every damn last penny. Long-term health of the nationwide sport be damned. It's Nascar in reverse.

My ball was in the water before I stepped onto the course. There was no try, only do.

Well done Sir.
You got wet balls.
Beavis And Butt Head Laughing GIF - Beavis And Butt Head ...

Tennessee helmet on the right:

View attachment 639723
bath-pig.gifI get having several teams highlighted on the cover but a 4-8 Colorado shouldn't be considered a "premiere team" on the cover. If anything, put Georgia where Colorado is (🤢), they've earned it.

We could be closer to center. IMO

I get having several teams highlighted on the cover but a 4-8 Colorado shouldn't be considered a "premiere team" on the cover. If anything, put Georgia where Colorado is (🤢), they've earned it.
Hilarious that the SEC finally loses a national championship, and suddenly they are all second or third tier.

VN Store

Back