Recruiting Football Talk VII

Reports say it touched down about 5 miles east of downtown Columbia, which is a mostly rural area, but there are homes out there. Praying for the best and ready to go help as soon as the request comes.
late update: Have treasured friends in every direction within a mile or two of the tornado's path--all confirmed safe. But early reports say one person in Maury County has died and several are injured.

My mom's place was hit by the 2020 Easter tornado in Chattanooga. For months afterward we were blessed by volunteers just showing up to deal with the after effects and clean up. You don't forget blessings like that. Hope I can stay healthy enough for years to keep "paying back" our gratitude, and hopefully blessing others as we were.

I'm sure there are many of y'all who know exactly what I mean.

Looks like a bad tornado in Colombia, Tennessee. Prayers to everyone in the storm’s path!

When I got off work my mother texted me that I should wait before going into my part time job, that there was a possible tornado tracking toward Columbia.

My wife then informed me that our daughter was called into work, right into the path. And she couldn't leave work. Long story short I jumped into my truck and went to her, my 17 year old daughter.

I got there about 5 minutes before the worst of the storm hit. I saw the funnel cloud rotating but it wasn't on the ground, this thing was huge. We went into their cooler out back and rode it out. When we thought it safe we got out and watched it move toward the Northeast.

That's as close as I've ever been...... And ever want
to be.

There are a lot of people, contractors, excavation companies and local equipment rental places that have volunteered their services tonight. There was literally an army of people with chainsaws that showed up to help according to my State Trooper neighbor.

Last edited:
I guess in his defense Boise State does not get commitments from recruits that are in position to demand NIL coming out of high school.
Or, maybe they are able to offer proven talent more NIL in their sophomore and following years because they aren't spending any on freshmen. It'll be good to watch how sanity plays out in the midst of this craziness.

One thing's for sure--whoever plays for him will be the kind of player he wants, and I'll bet they have a really tight, healthy locker room.

When I got off work my mother texted me that I should wait before going into my post time job, that there was a possible tornado tracking toward Columbia.

My wife then informed me that our daughter was called into work, right into the path. And she couldn't leave work. Long story short I jumped into my truck and went to her, my 17 year old daughter.

I got there about 5 minutes before the worst of the storm hit. I saw the funnel cloud rotating but it wasn't on the ground, this thing was huge. We went into their cooler out back and rode it out. When we thought it safe we got out and watched it move toward the Northeast.

That's as close as I've ever been...... And ever want
to be.

There are a lot of people, contractors, excavation companies and local equipment rental places that have volunteered their services tonight. There was literally an army of people with chainsaws that showed up to help according to my State Trooper neighbor.
Live right along Bear Creek and some how missed it. Have some friends off Old Hwy 99 that just escaped as well.

just watched the first five minutes of something called Greatest Roast of all Time, Ft Tom Brady, hosted by Kevin Hart.

1) Kevin Hart is one of the un funniest humans ever

2) did we really need a roast of Tom
Brady? Esp an R rated one?

3) Peyton
Was there a Kardashian sighting? If so well worth it especially if the Kardashian was Kendall Jenner.👀

Reactions: Jackcrevol
just watched the first five minutes of something called Greatest Roast of all Time, Ft Tom Brady, hosted by Kevin Hart.

1) Kevin Hart is one of the un funniest humans ever

2) did we really need a roast of Tom
Brady? Esp an R rated one?

3) Peyton

The only time KH was funny was his Cameo in 40 year old Virgin.

Live right along Bear Creek and some how missed it. Have some friends off Old Hwy 99 that just escaped as well.
We are a mile off Bear Creek and watched it track across the valley in front of our hill from the porch just by accidental timing between trips to the basement. Never been that close to one before. It incredible.

Went to the Hofbräuhaus several years ago in Munich. They have a total of 3500 seats on three levels. Those 80 year old Grandmas were pounding Steins of Beer. They could drink me under the table. Germans can drink beer and wine at the age of 14 with an adult's supervision. Germans can buy and drink soft alcoholic beverages and wine at the age of 16 without an adult's supervision. Seems crazy to Americans
Wisconsin is the same way. When I was a kid, as long as you had parental consent, you could drink at a bar. A lot of German immigrants and those not to far removed from coming over. Also the largest Oktoberfest celebration in the U.S. is in La Crosse, WI.

We are a mile off Bear Creek and watched it track across the valley in front of our hill from the porch just by accidental timing between trips to the basement. Never been that close to one before. It incredible.
Based on what I could tell from watching it leave Columbia it looked like it went toward the Iron Bridge Rd road area and though the hills and hollows. Then looked like it tracked back north some. It was hard to tell.

VN Store

Back