Recruiting Football Talk VII

The runner should have the “right of way” if that’s what you want to call it. As long as the runner doesn’t make some unusual movement to initiate the contact, it’s dumb. Just like the call in the softball game against Bama last weekend. You can’t reward a bad throw, and that’s what it is in the base path. There is a scenario where the runner literally has no choice.
I remember that called on Luc year before last when the catcher was about one foot in front of home plate, deliberately blocking Luc's access. Luc would had needed to completely circle the catcher and the plate, and turn back (against his momentum from running) to the plate from the opposite side in order to follow the dumb rule. And the throw wasn't close: bruh was just blocking the plate. They took our run off the board.

The runner should have the “right of way” if that’s what you want to call it. As long as the runner doesn’t make some unusual movement to initiate the contact, it’s dumb. Just like the call in the softball game against Bama last weekend. You can’t reward a bad throw, and that’s what it is in the base path. There is a scenario where the runner literally has no choice.
if the runner is in the running lane then it doesn’t matter if he plowed the first baseman… He chose not to run in the running lane.

I answered this earlier. Also a myth. Studies have shown they have complete control. Venom is expensive for a snake to make (this is a reason a lot of venomous snake bites are dry bites, because they don't want to have to use venom for defense if they can avoid it). Not being able to control it during the time of their life when energy conservation/efficiency is of utmost importance would be a major flaw.
Thank you. I knew you’d explain it right, better than us that use Google and suddenly become genius in our field at the moment. The world would run out of paper to issue diplomas to us suddenly experts. 🙄.

He was running the same way everyone runs to first base.
This is the running lane….. In the video…. Moore was obviously not on that side of the line…. Its true that most players don’t pay attention to it which is fine as long as you don’t make contact with the first baseman.
IMG_4697.png

Star Wars: A Definitive Ranking

This is Mother ‘Effin Star Wars, Man

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One

Quality Star Wars Flicks

4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Return of The Jedi
6. The Force Awakens

Good, Campy, Star Wars Fun

7. Solo: A Star Wars Story
8. The Phantom Menace
9. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
10. Attack of the Clones
11. Caravan of Courage: Ewok Adventure

Abomination

12. Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker
13. The Last Jedi

This was the right call…. people don’t understand the rule.

I see it now. I was only looking at the point of contact, where his legs and torso were inside the lane but only his left foot was barely across the line. I didn't think they would call that so closely like an out of bounds play in football or basketball. But I didn't realize he was well out of the lane earlier: I didn't run the clip back that far. That was sloppy.

Last edited:
Definitely! Jave was insinuating that he was so great because he was loaded up on steroids, and that is just not the case. In a race that big for that much money, if he was loaded up on them, then everybody else was. He was just that special.
I was definitely not at all insinuating that lol. I didn't even suggest that. I just don't agree with you that steroids wouldn't have helped him be that dominant. If he were on steroids and nobody else was, he would have been dominant. To say otherwise is a really strange statement.

I do not at all believe that secretariat was juicing and I didn't suggest that all. But to stay steroids wouldn't have helped made him dominant anyway didn't seem quite right.

This is the running lane….. In the video…. Moore was obviously not on that side of the line…. Its true that most players don’t pay attention to it which is fine as long as you don’t make contact with the first baseman.
View attachment 638775
The bag is in fair territory, so part of your body is going to be in fair territory hitting the bag. As you say, Moore was not running this far inside. When the throw is low and down the line, it’s inevitable that a collision will occur. That’s the fielder’s fault, not the runner’s.

The bag is in fair territory, so part of your body is going to be in fair territory hitting the bag. As you say, Moore was not running this far inside. When the throw is low and dune the line, it’s inevitable that a collision will occur. That’s the fielder’s fault, not the runner’s.
you are suppose to be running in foul territory in the running lane…. that is the rule.

VN Store

Back