Recruiting Football Talk VII

The popo in NOLA once stole one of my cars. I mean they had a perfect-condition car in a legitimate parking space towed without reason as "abandoned," but it never arrived at their lot. It took them two days to respond to my phone call reporting the car as stolen (I didn't yet know it was the popo who stole it), and another two days for the supervisor to finally return one of my many calls with the news that it was never signed in at their lot. Two days after that, a different popo responded to my query about obtaining a copy of the video from their camera mounted on the nearby traffic light with the news that they don't have video from that camera (I don't remember the fake reason.) By that time popo or popo-friend had the car disassembled or in another part of the county or both.

I don't imagine that Atlanta post-po would balk at stealing a measly expensive guitar.
Maybe, but this is a one of a kind fingerstyle acoustic from a custom builder that would be hard to sell without getting caught. They could keep it or give it to a buddy, but it wouldn't be easy to pawn or sell online.

Reactions: Volunteer821
It's off to a bad start since they haven't even scanned it in yet and it arrived on Monday. It's a guitar...so a pretty big box that's hard to miss. The sender called and got a case going on it yesterday since tracking hasn't updated since Saturday and we're hoping that might get them to find it and get it moving again. I'm just glad he put an airtag in the case so we at least know where it is...or we know where the airtag is...maybe the guitar has been stolen. It somehow cleared customs in busy NY in an hour but hasn't even been scanned in Palmetto in five days. Just ridiculous.
Mine never updated, it just showed up a couple days late. It said it was still there when it was delivered.

Mine never updated, it just showed up a couple days late. It said it was still there when it was delivered.
Our local PO is pretty good about scanning everything, so maybe it will just show it's out for delivery one morning here soon. That actually gives me a little hope. Thanks for letting me know how it went for you. It was fully insured and I've already got it covered on my personal instrument insurance policy, so I'll be fine even if it disappears...but it's definitely frustrating.

Reactions: Orange.
Maybe, but this is a one of a kind fingerstyle acoustic from a custom builder that would be hard to sell without getting caught. They could keep it or give it to a buddy, but it wouldn't be easy to pawn or sell online.
Glad the shipper put a tag in the box, and especially glad you have it insured. Very sorry for your situation and the frustration. I hope it works out well.

If a pitch hits the dirt before it ever gets to the plate and it's obviously not a strike. . . if the ref calls it a strike, does it stay a strike or can it be protested? I guess it stays a strike if he wants it to?

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back