Recruiting Football Talk VII

There are still plenty of the old timers that need it done the traditional way but kids expect $20/hr with a 15 minute phone break every hour. I made just enough so that my mom wouldn't have to pay for anything of mine so she could support my brothers.
I think I made like $12 a day. My breaks were the ride in the truck from the field to the barn lol. Not many kids these days know about helping mom/dad out.

It is similar to Soccer in structure at least, which is what I was talking about. It's a game primarily of movement, set ups, and positioning just on a much smaller scale. I like Soccer but I agree, of the two, because of the speed and physically, I much prefer Hockey.
Yeah...I agree with what you said in that tense, I wasn't meani g to argue...I just wanted to make the counterpoint that they are nothing alike in actual play.

Reactions: BigOrange15
Conceptually it sounds dull, then you get into a match and it's the opposite.

Imo outside of WC - watch ANY TIME the US plays Mexico. Pure gold and the most intense thing I've seen. It feels like life and death.

I don't make much time for sports outside of UT, but US soccer is one that's a great follow outside of the WC.
Fixin to be a intersquad scrimmage if things keep going the way they are.

Idk what seeing them today is like; but, 30 years ago, it was awesome...they were incredible live. They're one of my top 3 bands of that era (along with Soundgarden & Alice In Chains)...up to Machina II is some of the best music of the 90s, imo.
STP for me. Alice in Chains is up there too.

Peyton probably cares more about his 2 Super Bowl wins and 5 regular season MVP award and numerous other records he holds in NFL over a college award which is nothing but a popularity contest award.

Plus the SEC Championship that Tennessee won probably would trump the Heisman award as well for Peyton. Yes he got screwed but Peyton probably doesn't dwell on it as much as the Tennessee fan base.
The Heisman is just another one of ESPN's TV ratings cash cow like the selection shows and CFB ranking shows. ESPN's version of click bait.

Hilarious. I didn't know that was a thing.
Detroit fans have been throwing an octopus on the ice during the playoffs since 1952. Apparently it was symbolic of needing 8 postseason wins to win the Stanley cup. That number isn’t 8 anymore but they still do it. Depending on who you ask, a Preds fan first threw a catfish on the ice against Detroit as a way to mock them. The tradition stuck from there.

Might as well be in sports. There are no objective measures, of course, but it's not even like music, where a strand is popular but demographically naive. People watch what they enjoy, to Jack's point...and soccer is worldwide and across generations. The closest thing there is to an objective measure across humanity. No other sport comes close.
Soccer might be popular in the rest of the world but so is eating house pets and bugs and sh!t. (and Presidents uncles)

VN Store

Back