Recruiting Football Talk VII

Lol I had a long post i never finished that was centered on niche sport activities being difficult for an average athlete to do. I am glad I didn't make that post because many already articulated that concept. Most sports have complex asks that take 1000's of hours to perfect. Hardest is relative. I also respect the original posters thoughts on the average new athelete being able to excel easier in some sports. Those discussions are fair imo. Here are some random sports that require a high degree of time and finesse.
At the highest levels of course.

F1 racing
Pole Vaulting
Platform diving
Gymnastics
Shooting sports

The human mind and body is pretty damn amazing.

Standing in the box when a 95 mph fastball is coming your way is pretty scary for someone not doing it on the reg. Even scarier when you know the dude can also bury and 85 mph slider on your feet.

Nothing scary about golf except running out of beer on the back 9.
True, but if we're talking scarier, I'd say football is scarier than baseball just based on the risk of serious injury.

I wouldn't say I'm upset but Aidoo was developing under Barnes. Perhaps with more 'strength training' over the off season, he would have taken another step forward. He did have some good games this year.
that's the thing. Barnes and co. develop them into these defensive machines, and then other teams lure them-- doesn't mean they will get better. Nobody knew Knecht till he came to the VOLS. Practicing with Mashack daily allowed him to learn to make those insane baskets with defense right in his face. You would think this would help us in recruiting since Knecht is going to be a top pick in the draft.

You’re being very generous with 40% too
thats-what-she-said-michael-scott.gif

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back