Recruiting Football Talk VII

Can't teach players to be tough. Dude is gritty. Love him for his effort tonight
Yeah, I think everyone would do well to remember this kid is a true freshman from Maine. Not a ton of development, still a little uncoordinated, needs work in the weight room, and still a lot of molding to be done. And he just played arguably the best game of his career imo. He made the (now) 2x NPOY work in the Elite 8 and bested him on a couple plays defensively and offensively.

Estrella is loaded with potential. Folks need to stop being so myopic. He's not a "great" basketball player right now, and that's why he's not a starter and hasn't gotten many minutes. But he has the tools and potential to be a very very good center. I'd bet he's also not finished growing either.

I have mentioned this before but today is the perfect example of my perspective. I do not watch college basketball except the Vols. I am a UT alum and I attended lots of BB games while in college and when I lived in Knoxville area.

I do not watch anyone other than Tennessee because of officiating. In a game, fouls and FT should never be so one sided. College officials are so inconsistent. When Pat Adams is rated as a good college official. Something is seriously wrong with the system. College officials often call two or three different types games in one game. Players often have no idea what to expect from officials from half to half and sometimes from timeout to timeout. Edey playing 39 minutes and only being called for one foul is ridiculous. Yet, you see this type of officiating all over the country. For me it robs the players and takes the joy out of the game.

You just don’t know sports. There is a reason Barnes sucks in March without generational talents.
First it was sucks in March. Now it’s unless he has generational talent. They been saying Painter sucks in March but he got an oaf and no fouls call and he’s now great in March. I like you but this time your take is idiotic and you deserve Donnie Tyndall.

The cut ups of Zach edey fouling but not being called will be infuriating to watch.

It was a great season. A lot to be proud of.

That game was not our worst and not our best. Missed too many open mid range shots. Hit a lot of 3s. Called for way too many fouls. Hard to win playing the refs and Purdue. I hate them.

I hate Purdue...they and their puppet refs make me wanna puke.

I knew they would not give us a fair game...I f'n knew it.

All of you ref apologists on this site can go ____ yourselves..that was sickening game manipulation and it was 1000% on purpose...you are either a liar or a complete fool if you deny it...I despise all of you almost as much as I hate your scumbag cheating corrupt officials.

White can make a good hire and still not have this success. 2 Sweet 16’s and an EE in 5 tournaments with a phantom call one year for the EE and protecting Edey for the FF in another. If I’m Barnes, I finally think I’m snakebite.
Things happen but i have 100% confidence that he will get it done and we will be successful.

VN Store

Back