Recruiting Football Talk VII

It's OK. To be a Barnes fan boy, and not hate Bruce.
Can we agree Bruce did good things here?
I like Bruce and what he did here. I also appreciate Barnes and believe he achieved more here than Bruce. (Out right reg season SEC title, conference tourney title, longest No. 1 ranking, etc.) you can appreciate both without looking down on the other but Barnes no doubt has been more successful,

Watching the game again and 7.5 left....and Aidoo absolutely sucked this game...on both ends and on the boards..he was a liability this game

I'm glad we got away with it tonight..we will not against Purdue...he has to provide good positive value in that game or we lose.
I think that’s part of why Barnes had him sit a nice bit in the 2nd half. He should be well rested too.

18-0 run. That was epic.
That run...and when they started chipping away later...Daltons 2 late 3s beat them.

He didn't play a spectacular game by his spectacular game standards...but those two 3s were massive big time player shots..they choked Chreightons late momentum out.

Loyer and Smith have no idea what’s coming with ZZ, Mashack, Gainey, and likely Santi guarding them. They’re not gonna get the open shots they’re accustomed to. Edey will get his share, but we’re not gonna let Purdue’s guards get theirs. That’ll be the difference.

Let edey get his and focus on the guards…if they go and take a pi$$ we’re the guy sitting by mirror asking if he wants cologne or aftershave. don’t lose sight of them and allow them to get hot. Now let’s get these mfers.

1711785614123.gif

Switching to an uncommon defense out of nowhere was such a big brained move. It nearly got our asses.

Huge respect to the Creighton coach, seems like a good dude running a good program and that was a coaching masterstroke.
Aaaand if our guys had hit the open shots they were easily getting right then...it would gave backfired big time.

We just hit a cold spell and I'm not sure that defense had a dang thing to do with it...maybe just the look of it got in their heads or something..so maybe.

Aaaand if our guys had hit the open shots they were easily getting right then...it would gave backfired big time.

We just hit a cold spell and I'm not sure that defense had a dang thing to do with it...maybe just the look of it got in their heads or something..so maybe.
I'm not sure I'm ready to call it a coincidence that they happened at the same time tbh, I do think it was a good move but you were right earlier when you said Knecht bailed us out at the end of it. Those two 3s he hit as they were storming back were unbelievably clutch.

VN Store

Back