Recruiting Football Talk VII

Team of destiny.
Team of winners.
Team of badarse defenders!

Volunteers by damn.

So one of my partners is a bourbon aficionado. He went to Creighton. He asked me what we would bet on our upcoming game.
I responded, all your bourbon against all my wine. (I have about 500 bottles of really nice wine). His bourbon collection is probably more value 😳
He laughed and said no way. Then what bet?
I said 1/2 your bourbon versus 1/2 my wine.
Still no deal 😂 He must not believe in his team the way I believe in our Vols. 🤠
And I don’t drink bourbon 😎
You really are a nut...lol

Unfortunately, some guys don't feel any attachment to their school...it's just the next step for where they want to go. There are several former players who graduated, moved on to whatever was next, and have never been back around the program. I think Baron was probably one of those types. He must have felt like he wasn't going to do well in the draft since he went chasing money.
Like I said...f'n idiot...people that think and live like that are stupid and shallow.

But I guess that also means they are too f'n stupid and shallow to ever understand what they threw away...so..🤷‍♂️

The NFL needs another rule to control outcomes like the government needs another 17,000 page bill to pick pockets.
I can't believe people are still so naive that they really believe the 🦬💩 the NFL spews...you are a 1000% right, this 🦬💩 is 100% about screwing defenders over, pushing cheap offense, and manipulating outcomes.

Reminds me of the government. There will never be a point at which they say, we have enough rules and laws. The ratchet gets cranked every day and it tightens only in one direction. I feel sorry for generations to come. In 50 years you be able to sneeze without being in violation of something.
It's really just what the league...and what they think the players (safety) and fans (eyeballs)...want...though the concussion debacle will forever stick in their minds toward the former.

It's not just about more rules, it's about more offense these days. The NBA has taken away rules in order to let offense prosper from a once-low point.

The NFL could do the same.

Whether we like it or not, all sports have shifted greatly over the decades. It is more of the same. And they'll continue to shift.

Remember...the "forward pass" was illegal in original..."real football"...

I missed it...what are you guys talking about, what happened?
Sorry McGill.

It was an old VN FF thread that started sideways and over corrected.

Enjoy.......

*Good reading for anyone else interested

Last edited:
I agree with your statement to the fullest extent. I just feel like this is actually a good rule. It will give refs another vantage to control game outcomes unfortunately.
I’m all for player safety but when the NFL said previously they were having trouble clearly defining the rule, and the NFLPA says players are worried about the level of subjectivity in the rule and didn’t want the rule to be passed as is, then I wouldn’t go as far to call this a good rule. IMO, this ends up just like the updated roughing the passer penalties where rarely can anyone agree on whether or not it was a penalty unless it was blatant.

VN Store

Back