Recruiting Football Talk VII

that's partly why I am so frustrated in how we seem to be trending right now because this is by far our best shot to go deep into the tourney
We're 7-2 in our last 9 and are 3-1 vs ranked opponents. Great trend

2 games ain't a trend, especially when the UK game came down to a late-game shot and UK shot better than NBA teams do 😅

Don't feed that silly narrative. Hope our players don't. Yesterday was a fluke like TAMU game 1. Not a trend.

This theory came from Texas and would maybe have some merit, but at UT, his teams have been to 3 of the last 5 SECT finals before this year. That requires 3 games in 3 days. That dispels the theory for me. These are also young athletes who want to play almost everyday unless they are hurt. AAU ball plays a lot. They get 4-5 days off between the SECT and the NCAAT. I also don’t see how a coach would put pressure on them. It’s clear that his faith means much to him, and although he’s a great competitor, a game is not the end of the world for him.
It all comes down to making open shots and we did not get it done yesterday.

The place to be, in my opinion, is in any bracket that doesn’t have UConn as the #1 seed. In my opinion, Purdue will be the weakest of the #1 seeds.
Yeah...based on that chart posted the other week by somebody, UConn is far and away the best when they play other big opponents. We were 2nd...would rather not face them though.

Give me Purdue or UNC all day.

I would think brackets are completed by EOD. Committee waiting to see results from a few games, the Big 12 Championship game for one . Tomorrow will be just fillers from smaller conference champions like A-10, SWAC and IVY League.

Reactions: Devo182
Are they though? They have a job because they post hundreds of 100% meaningless brackets ad accompanying analysis that generate clicks and discussion amongst fans. The more ridiculous their projections are the more clicks they generate.
Bracketology is just like NFL draft experts just projecting who goes where and why. Still fun and annoying to look at though.

Edit: the Bracketology clicks rite now are more sensible to me, than the way to early top 25 in College Football and fans go ape **** over it.

All these talking heads that sh!t on Tennessee deserve a Superman kick to their gonads.

chute-no-saco-superhomem-superman.gif

Last edited:
Not only SC and KY have tall athletic power forwards - also Miss State and Auburn. Our bigs generally stay in the lane. Other teams bigs are shooting 3 pointers or driving to the basket. I think we need to adjust our recruiting a little.
hmm, i would NEVER suggest something as such😂

Reactions: knoxvol52
I would think brackets are completed by EOD. Committee waiting to see results from a few games, the Big 12 Championship game for one . Tomorrow will be just fillers from smaller conference champions like A-10, SWAC and IVY League.
That's how I've heard it basically works.

Sunday games...just an hour before the reveal are essentially ignored.

More reason the SEC should push back the schedule to finish by Saturday...and more rest for its teams. Hell, just let the 11-14 teams play double-headers on Wedneaday or on Tuesday.

Movie and TV talk:

1) Poor Things...what a wild movie. lost for words 🤣 Great movie. Great story and message. So effing weird.... be peppered for weirdness. And please don't let your kids be awake while viewing 😳 This would be an NC-17 movie back in the day.

2) Loudermilk on Netflix. A show by one of the Farrelly brothers (Peter). What a diamond in the rough. It died off years ago on little-known "AT&T Audience" network, but is now being re-discovered on Netflix. If anyone remembers David Duchovny's character from Californication, it reminds me of that.

It stars the great Ron Livingston:

cb56c1f2-c3f0-47ac-8e57-dc7f460dab3e_498x264.gif

Reactions: TennacJed
We shot poorly and got beat in the paint because of Pat Adams. . . seemed obvious. He effects the game in a lot of different ways.
We almpst never shoot well when he is on our game...I wonder if the players KNOW they are getting screwed and it gets in their heads? It can't be coincidence at this point.

VN Store

Back