Recruiting Football Talk VII

As bad as those recent leg surgeries were it’s the back issues he can’t get away from.
I broke my back when I was 23. Compression type fractures. It was basically like a chipped bone and pinched nerve. Hurt like hades when I would sit in a chair and try to lift my knees at all. It took about 2 years til it stopped. Doctor wasnt sure it would ever stop. . .

Anyway, back problems are a pita 👀 and TW's seem a lot more severe than mine ever were. I'd imagine he's in a pretty decent amount of pain all the time and probably very easy to aggravate it and make it debilitating type of pain. Mine would feel ok, then a random movement and BAM, back to pain city.

For LB they said it could be any number of people b/c of how long Banks has coached and how many places he has been but they haven't listed off any names as of yet

For RB the two that they have mentioned are Carlos Locklyn from Oregon and Anthony Jones from TCU - also mention Jimmy Smith from Arkansas. Say that a hire isn't imminent but it won't drag out either.
I like Anthony Jones. He has Memphis ties and now a footprint in Texas.

These Texas round robin tournaments are put on by the MLB host teams and contract with a broadcast partner. ESPN has not been involved. Two years ago in Houston at the Minute Maid Park tournament, the MLB Network broadcasted it. I don’t recall who broadcasted last year’s tournament in Phoenix.

To anyone out there who needs to see some real positivity. Some true inspiration watch this. It’s short but awesome. I met Butterbean a few years back at the big flea market in Sevierville. He was selling his memorabilia. He was the nicest guy but he was in bad shape. Happy to see him getting his life back.

VN Store

Back