Recruiting Football Talk VII

Probability says to go for 2. Not sure I would, but that’s an analytics call.
That doesn't take into account how unreliable their OL and offense in general has been all afternoon.

And if analytics says go for it, why doesn't everyone go for it after every TD? What's different about this situation?

Time for another 10 pages of arguments about the analytics of going for 2 late in the game with no one changing their opinion
I just don't understand how the only time people quote analytics is toward the end of the game. Do the analytics change in the 4th quarter? Are you more likely to successfully go for 2 then?

Yeah but fans are dumb. That’s a silly bad faith argument. Restaurant workers get paid to perform their job. Should we talk sh*t to them when they have a bad day? And then talk more sh*t to them when they ask why we’re being the way we’re being? Tell them to suck it up and get over it bc they’re being paid.

I don’t mean that towards you, I know you’re not arguing for it.
No, I’m definitely not. Hate it when it is done on here. Especially hate it on social media. But afraid the mentality will be if you want to be a professional you will be expected to perform like a professional. Dread it

I just don't understand how the only time people quote analytics is toward the end of the game. Do the analytics change in the 4th quarter? Are you more likely to successfully go for 2 then?
They're just used more at that point.

Late-game is more strategic. Early game there's too much to tell how things will play out or what will matter. Dogmatic tradition pushes most coaches to do what's comfortable through most of the game.

Edit: Just talking going for 2. Going for it on 4th down is much more broad and used across the game as it should be.

That doesn't take into account how unreliable their OL and offense in general has been all afternoon.

And if analytics says go for it, why doesn't everyone go for it after every TD? What's different about this situation?
Probability in the NFL for a 2 point conversion is 55%. So, if you miss, you should get the next one to tie. If you make, you kick the XP to win. Vrabel did it a couple of years ago, and I’m pretty sure they won the game.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back