Recruiting Football Talk VII

We better enjoy this year...because Pearce would be crazy to come back...I just hope if we get in the playoffs that be doesn't bail on his team to "prepare for the draft"

Surely he wouldn't...but with the mercenary me-first nature of today's players...it would not shock me.

Top 10 money is insane.

I searched for a bit but every article I could find simply atttributed and quoted this tweet and then tacked on boilerplate at the beginning and end.

It's lame that an example is given for taunting, but not for "making a travesty of the game" or "otherwise compromising our ability to manage the game." What would non-taunting examples of those be?

Sure, just ask John Kelly.

Yeah...you're not at home here doggie...give Heup and Kirb equal talent and watch the bloodbath ensue.
I’m not trying to be a bad guest, McGill, and I’ll gladly let you have the last word. Kirby views job #1 as never having equal talent with anybody. He’s a pretty good schematic coach on the defensive side especially, but he talks about viewing his job as 50% recruiting.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
We better enjoy this year...because Pearce would be crazy to come back...I just hope if we get in the playoffs that be doesn't bail on his team to "prepare for the draft"

Surely he wouldn't...but with the mercenary me-first nature of today's players...it would not shock me.

Top 10 money is insane.
It would be a great thing for UT if Pearce leaves after next season and is drafted in the Top 10. As a truly elite pass rusher, he has a legit chance to go #1 overall.

15 to 18 second mark.

Just seeing the short clip of that play that started this in this clip still makes me angry. Robbed.

The ball did not hit Kiffin on the right elbow. The announcer made that up. You can see it blur by in front of him.

We got ripped off all night, beginning with taking TB's touchdown off the board (greater than the margin of UM's "win," and then continuing with some shockingly bad spots. SEC should have reviewed the officiating. And fined themselves.

Pretty sure I said in OP..."equal terms". I will never believe those scumbags got their first few big classes on reputation alone...Kirby did not have a reputation at all and started stacking top 5 classes immediately. The scuttlebutt from insiders back then was that the UGA bagmen were told to give until it hurt.

If you think all those guys went to UGA because of Kirby then you are blind....look at guys we KNOW were paid.

So they were paying recruits money, ok who wasn't? Bagmen have been around forever for all big time programs. Let's not pretend Richt wasn't landing great classes before Kirby arrived. He left Smart multiple top ten classes to coach up after he was shown the door. Also, Saban already had established a winning reputation during his time at LSU.

Last edited:
The ball did not hit Kiffin on the right elbow. The announcer made that up. You can see it blur by in front of him.

We got ripped off all night, beginning with taking TB's touchdown off the board (greater than the margin of UM's "win," and then continuing with some shockingly bad spots. SEC should have reviewed the officiating. And fined themselves.
Rear view mirror, future is bright..

Nico era and beyond will make this a distant memory..

Pretty sure the head official that night is no longer in the same position and is now on a crew where he is the other official in the backfield. I noticed him this year. Not sure that makes it much better, but I do believe they demoted him.

How it started...

I was thinking back on this video and is it not extremely un-Saban like? I thought he was always big on not giving the other teams bulletin board material...and then they go on and lose the game (much to our enjoyment). You could easily brush it off as nothing and that they players won't pay attention to it but iirc there's video of the players saying it's strictly business a handful of times and there's a (sick) video of Fant smoking a cigar and doing the tie adjustment motion.

This is just sad. 9 years??? Get a job man. No one should be playing college sports for 9 years

Canes been getting extra years for their players since Jimmy coached them. Convinced that the higher ups forgot Campbell transferred and that’s the only reason his got rubber stamped.

VN Store

Back