Recruiting Football Talk VII

OL is a major issue. They need to tell more to leave and stop trying to not hurt feelings. They have to upgrade that position or even having Nico will win us nothing substantial.
We are buying stock in the narrative that 'OL is a major issue.' Yet two starters are on the shelf. Yes we need to get some help. But this team is pretty close. Just need a few more pieces.

Cannot over state how important it is to have a QB. That is 95% of the battle. The other % is DE. Annnnnnndd.... we got dat.

We are buying stock in the narrative that 'OL is a major issue.' Yet two starters are on the shelf. Yes we need to get some help. But this team is pretty close. Just need a few more pieces.

Cannot over state how important it is to have a QB. That is 95% of the battle. The other % is DE. Annnnnnndd.... we got dat.
It's impractical to imagine that the same five can play every snap. We need OL.

lol he was THE most consistent WR after Bru. When Bru went down he caught almost everything thrown his way.

The rest of the receivers werent good.
He had a few drops and a fumble late in the year. But, Squirrel is very valuable in this offense when you can get him in space. He and Matthews are the speed to the more physicality of Bru and maybe Brazzell.

We have zero depth and it showed yesterday. We win by 50 plus if our starters had played. Can’t have MAC level back ups.

What?

Hes fast as hell and super athletic, he was the second best WR on this team. That's just silly talk.
Guess he was just running wide open and Nico couldn't find him? Too short? ;)

Know he's a fan favorite, but he's not this super talent destined to be all conference and NFL bound. Nice player at time,s but he's not someone that an opposing DC will lose sleep over.

Know he's a fan favorite, but he's not this super talent destined to be all conference and NFL bound. Nice player at time,s but he's not someone that an opposing DC will lose sleep over.
I'm not saying he didn't have his faults, but he's a SO, this was his first year starting. The talent flashes are there, he's got plenty of room to grow. There's something to work with.

We do have dat, but Sampson or one our OL projects misses a block against the wrong dude and we're running Moore or a true freshman out there against SEC defenses. We need more and better linemen....and quickly. Higher on my list than WR and heaven knows we need another legit WR for next season. Maybe it's Matthews....maybe not. But I'd crawl over broke glass for an OT and interior lineman who can push some of our current starters to the bench next season.

Man the luckiest outcome for all of CFB was Saban not landing the Washington OC he tried to recruit last year. I'd hate to imagine Bama with him.
Loved watching that offense last night. I had seen a couple bits and pieces of Washington games this year but that was my first time watching an entire game. That offense is fun.

Reactions: orangejuice
Biggest concern to me is OL and LB. LB still look slow. Wouldn’t mind a portal. I wish they would have gotten the UGA LB. We better pray Carter grows up quick for next year and Pili stays healthy.
Carter looked slow to me when he was out there, I'm just hoping that was due to his youth/processing ability as a Fr. Personally I think it was a mistake moving Beasley, he was a shell of himself vs last year when he was playing Mike

My last comment before focusing on my day. Nico is a world class talent and the sky is the limit for him. He played much better than Joe would have IMO, but his play also showcased that Joe took way too much heat for inconsistencies this season. The supporting cast did not live up at times to Nico's play. Keyton giving up on what easily would have been a TD is one prime example. I think Joe was a victim of these lapses also as well and not all were his fault or doing.

Nico looks like a championship QB on his 1st start against a top 5 defense. Future is bright, if the rest of the team can rise to the occasion.
Yup. I was one that definitely lumped some of the passing inconsistencies as more to do with Joe than the WRs, but that’s looking incorrect based off yesterday. They weren’t very good. And dropped some perfect balls too. Joe still had his fair share of issues but that WR group is going to need some work and looks we are wanting to bring in guys to challenge them. I’d expect that group to either be better, or be replaced.

Carter looked slow to me when he was out there, I'm just hoping that was due to his youth/processing ability as a Fr. Personally I think it was a mistake moving Beasley, he was a shell of himself vs last year when he was playing Mike
Carter played vs Iowa?

Yup. I was one that definitely lumped some of the passing inconsistencies as more to do with Joe than the WRs, but that’s looking incorrect based off yesterday. They weren’t very good. And dropped some perfect balls too. Joe still had his fair share of issues but that WR group is going to need some work and looks we are wanting to bring in guys to challenge them. I’d expect that group to either be better, or be replaced.
Yeah guys weren't getting open all year coupled with below average pass protection. Oh and the penalties.

We do have dat, but Sampson or one our OL projects misses a block against the wrong dude and we're running Moore or a true freshman out there against SEC defenses. We need more and better linemen....and quickly. Higher on my list than WR and heaven knows we need another legit WR for next season. Maybe it's Matthews....maybe not. But I'd crawl over broke glass for an OT and interior lineman who can push some of our current starters to the bench next season.
That's a lot of what ifs.

Could have said the same about Hyatt after his sophomore year.

Well, if we're wasting time and energy melting today. I'll just add this. If issues are as AP, and resident 'experts' say and we cant get transfers to come here bc OL and DL rooms are clogged.

Then, we must purge those rooms.

I want coaches comin' out of SP all...IMG_5788.gif

VN Store

Back