Recruiting Football Talk VII

You're too slow, LOL
Twss GIF - TWSS - Discover & Share GIFs

here's the thing though....
if we continue to recruit at a 91+ pace, and stack classes like that, then at some point in time you're going to have a roster that's talented, and developed, mixed in with portal pieces to fill holes. and those teams will compete with the top of the league. i don't see us going on some type of bama/UGA type run obviously but i'm not sure i necessarily need that as a fan.

all i need is to not lose every single time we line up across from teams like that....and be relevant to those conf/national discussions for as long as you can in any given season.

you do that enough, and with a 12 team playoff, we may screw around and win something.

long story short, we're not going to all the sudden just out recruit those schools and even if we do, what's that actually net out at? getting us even with programs that have been stringing together top 3 classes for years?

anyway. out talent i think is worn out phrase these days. recruiting is so much different now...classes that rated out in the 270's and 280's used to be sure fire top 5 type classes if not top 2.

now you have schools regularly getting 290-300+ is crazy. then add the portal.............

it's just so much different now, there's more than one way to do it nowadays, and for those of us that probalby aren't going to consistently get top 3 classes every year, i think you can do it with a good mix of what we're doing at the prep level, and purposeful portal decisions, both in and out. Roster Management is the key today, not ONLY what you do on NSD.
We are going to surprise a lot of people next year. The conventional wisdom always over looks teams and I think we will be one of those.

The head bball coach at Ole Miss beats his wife and he’s a HC in the SEC.

Hugh Freeze bangs hookers and what not.

Great leaders of young men out there.
Coach Beard had charges dropped. He never paid a settlement. The DA in the case said he did not see evidence to pursue. Beard's spouse later changed her story and said he acted in self defense against her. Those domestic situations can get crazy quick. I had a friend with a crazy wife. She used to hit him. One day he walked up and grabbed her by the shoulders and told her to never hit him again. She punched him in the face, breaking his glasses and then she called the cops on him. He was arrested (despite showing a cut eye and broken glasses). Later the charges were dropped and my friend kept his job. He left her after that. Finally had enough.

VN Store

Back