Recruiting Football Talk VII

If we miss on ratledge someone should be fired. Went to uga because he thought they were in better position than us but his heart is ALL VOL. Cade Mays 2.0. That left guard spot would be his immediately.
He's not even in the portal you absolute wet rag. For Christ's sake take a xanax or something and get offline.

Bluechip Breakdown on YouTube is really good.

Had a good recent video regarding the DBs. Our older guys were better fits for zone schemes in his opinion and our young recruits can play man. We're likely changing the scheme to man and that's part of the exodus. The portal guys we are looking at can play man.

Whats funny is they couldn’t even play zone well

Vols play 0-9 Georgia Southern tonight.

Should see a lot of Estrella, Carr, Phillips, Dillione, and Jefferson.

Also, new Bracketology released this morning has Vols the highest seeded SEC team (9 teams projected) at 3 and projects Vols to win SEC title.
gotta lot of good consistent work to do in order to be seeded higher than kY by the end of the season--- not sure how good a few other SEC teams are right now based on W/L's this early. We definitely have the talent like most years, just have to put it together consistently and for entire games, which seems to be a challenge for Barne's teams of late.

UT is allocating resources at a "win now" level. Football should not take a step back next year-- not with the resources invested in this program. The expectation is to compete for championships, and that is the goal every year. Sooner or later, investment and results will have to sync. I'd go with sooner.
I didn't mean to say that UT is handcuffing coach. Not at all. I don't think our NIL is on the same level as the big boys. I'm not sure other football focused teams are diverting as much towards other sports. We seem to be spreading money around the whole Athletic department. Also, I think there is still a massive amount of under the table stuff that goes on in dirt. I don't think we're getting our hands dirty there (rightfully so, imo). I think the program is exactly where the SEC wants this program, a perennial 8-9 win team.

VN Store

Back