Recruiting Football Talk VII

They simply haven’t settled in. In two games, Tennessee’s passing game is 6 of 19 (32%) for 116 yards and a touchdown on throws of 10+ yards. Against Austin-Peay they were 1 for 8.
49% — The percentage of Milton’s 228 yards passing that came on throws behind the line of scrimmage. Milton completed 45% of his passes on throws over the line of scrimmage.
-VQ

Actually my screen name comes from a Sunburst Les Paul
tenor.gif

20 commits. do we see any more before esd?
3-4 more imo

With the caveat that I couldn’t name them and expect 1-2 will be prospects as of now we’ve not yet heard of.

That and I think we hit the portal really hard this off season. Lose a lot of upperclassman after this year.

Last edited:
That’s not good at all.
To me, it doesn’t make sense. It’s killing Joe’s one strength. Why can he do it against Clemson and not against UVA and APSU. My hope is they’re doing everything they can to not reveal anything. That seems pretty counterintuitive though. You would think you’d want Joe to get reps at it. And if we are going to limit him to 1/4 of our playbook, we may as well do that with Nico. The entire thing is weird. I know Joe is inconsistent, but the dude regressed in a massive way, and it’s not really adding up.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
To me, it doesn’t make sense. It’s killing Joe’s one strength. Why can he do it against Clemson and not against UVA and APSU. My hope is they’re doing everything they can to not reveal anything. That seems pretty counterintuitive though. You would think you’d want Joe to get reps at it. And if we are going to limit him to 1/4 of our playbook, we may as well do that with Nico. The entire thing is weird. I know Joe is inconsistent, but the dude regressed in a massive way, and it’s not really adding up.
I am going with the belief that no matter what Tennessee was going to beat APSU. Tennessee spent last week preping for Florida. Apsu did things that they werent prepared for. Ive had many conversations with JJ Clark Peays DC. He is a really good young coach and had his dudes ready to play.

They went all out to try to beat Tennessee and they came in with a great game plan. Thatcoaching staff is top notch

We have to beat Florida… they’re in a dark place and we have to capitalize on it. Milton is making the right throws it just feels like he’s trying to rifle passes in the intermediate throws when he needs hair more touch and our WR have to catch to help him out. Teams are clearly not going to let him throw it deep this year.

VN Store

Back