Recruiting a worry

BigOrangeHick

recruiting is weak, even with the bad start very disappointed. Wiffed on most our big names really, butch jones staff recruited better. Way better...no way we break top 15. I don’t even see us chasing the 5 star talent this year.
Yeah numbers aren’t everything but we are not recruiting well at all right now. We may be better next year but prob dip again. Pruitt needs results next year or may get worse. I hope to be proven wrong and they cobble together a respectable sec class. Just sucks to be 9 or 10th in sec

QJg5.gif

You sure sound like a hick haha we go after everyone worth a look and have tried to get them all. Point blank people will only come here that have the mentality of turning something around. Some proven winners and people that have had to do it all already might not come. We will work with what we have and i am nothing but happy about what the future brings. Shut your NegaVol ass up and get behind the team! GBO!!!!

recruiting is weak, even with the bad start very disappointed. Wiffed on most our big names really, butch jones staff recruited better. Way better...no way we break top 15. I don’t even see us chasing the 5 star talent this year.
Yeah numbers aren’t everything but we are not recruiting well at all right now. We may be better next year but prob dip again. Pruitt needs results next year or may get worse. I hope to be proven wrong and they cobble together a respectable sec class. Just sucks to be 9 or 10th in sec
Even the normal VN trolls have a smattering of information...but not you.

Attachments

• troll under a bridge.jpg
    troll under a bridge.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 43

Being one who does not want to be;
Happy even when there is reason to be;
I recommend you set aside the Power "T"
And give the famed, the renowned violin soloist;
Itzhak Perlman who played the theme for Schindler’s List.
Just four minutes and sixteen seconds of your time.
In a barren room far from the rest of us with your whine.
_WoodsmanVol_

It's a little early to say he's missed or it's a bad recruiting class. After the early signing period, that's when we will know. But right now, 20th nationally and 8 in the SEC. That's not very good at all. The problem is, you have a bunch of people wearing orange tinted glasses on here that are very quick to denounce anyone who talks out against Pruitt.

OP did overplay his hand.
But, there is some concern for those that follow recruiting.
GSU loss was brutal image wise. That and late BYU collapse were used against us by rivals.
I’m sure they seized on “Pruitt in hot seat national memes”.

However, if we continue to improve and get a bowl game, we can legitimately brag about the vast improvements and player development over the course of the season.

All you can do is laugh at trolls.

Don't panic yet. If we win out or get to a bowl we will be fine

Jeremy Pruitt and his coaching staff will recruit the talent Tennessee needs to turn things around. In that I have no doubt whatsoever!

Don't feed the troll

OP did overplay his hand.
But, there is some concern for those that follow recruiting.
GSU loss was brutal image wise. That and late BYU collapse were used against us by rivals.
I’m sure they seized on “Pruitt in hot seat national memes”.

However, if we continue to improve and get a bowl game, we can legitimately brag about the vast improvements and player development over the course of the season.

This
I read an article about the spread on UT vs UAB. The article was about the difference in the different services unusual wide spreads, that it was noticeable nationwide. A few services had UAB as the favorite one by 10+ where most of the services had UT as, close to 2 TD favorite with a few just+2. Then the writer ask how does this happen?
You lose to GSU and you will have naysayers for quite a while.
So we are not out of the woods yet with the low info sports fans.
Win out is a must.

Need to finish in top ten and top 5 in SEC

Nah. We need the right kind of players. I don't buy the star gazing. Gimme a staff that knows a player when they see one. I see Jennings as a perfect example. He's not going to dazzle anyone with his forty time or his shuttle. Still, the guy has a passion for the game. He'll fight on every play. You could play him at qb, wr, rb or safety and he'd still impact a game. We just need to nail down the targets in state. If we have any openings, I'd still like to get another big back and maybe a grad transfer or juco qb for next year.

Too bad we can't shoo off trolls such as this dubious one as CJP's been letting go of that ilk that was poisoning the locker room. It needs to remain a free country, though, so just weep on negaVols.

VN Store

Back