Recriuting: DT Nick Gentry

Tigerfan23

It looks as if Bama will have another solid recruiting class as 4 star Nick Gentry commited this morning to the Tide. UT needs to start recruiting better to keep up with Bama's recent success.

....yea cause they've had stellar recruiting classes the past couple of years

(redrolltide3 @ Aug 6 said:
It looks as if Bama will have another solid recruiting class as 4 star Nick Gentry commited this morning to the Tide. UT needs to start recruiting better to keep up with Bama's recent success.

If UT were striving only to keep up with Bama, that would still leave them in the middle of the pack. I would rather them set their sights on LSU, Fla, Ga and Auburn if it is all the same to you.

(redrolltide3 @ Aug 6 said:

Bammers recruiting prowess is well noted. Is that why the NCAA took away scholarships because they were just better at it than other teams and needed to level the field? Or could it be another reason... :question:

I don't think enough people here have come to grasp that winning games is the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of recruiting. Alabama won 10 games, we won 5. Wins trump almost everything else.

Reactions: Catbone
(hvwarrior58 @ Aug 6 said:
LOL, yeah, because we are so jealous of Bama landing a 6'2" 230 DT.

Psst, I don't mean to ruin your "diss" but he weighs 278 pounds as of his interview today. He was very sick at one point over the summer and lost a bunch of weight. But, now he is back up to 270+ and he says he will most likely play the season at 280.

VN Store

Back