Receivers and running backs

xpsyclonex2002

Gotta say I'm bewildered by our receivers inability to get separation from anyone at any level. This is regardless of level of competition. It's maddening. I sit there and I watch every team's receivers standing out in nice open fields without a single DB or safety within 10 yards of them. Yet our receivers have people covering them like a wet t-shirt?
And as far as our running backs go, neither Eric Gray nor Ty Chandler are "the one". I cannot believe how little contact it takes for them to go down. Ty is steady Eddie, but he's not a home run hitter and absolutely no one fears him. I was impressed with Eric gray the first time I saw him playing. He ran with anger. But it seems like this season he just doesn't have the ability to get away from the tackle. He either gashes for 10 yards or goes down with minimal contact.

I'm not convinced that our receivers "can't get separation". I saw Hyatt burn Bama twice. And Palmer as well on the TD catch. I think we have a QB problem. I'll not throw the receivers under the bus until I see someone else struggle with them, besides the great JG.

I would like to have a power back to complement Gray. Ty Chandler is this year's version of Marlin Lane. ZZZZZZZZZ

Gotta say I'm bewildered by our receivers inability to get separation from anyone at any level. This is regardless of level of competition. It's maddening. I sit there and I watch every team's receivers standing out in nice open fields without a single DB or safety within 10 yards of them. Yet our receivers have people covering them like a wet t-shirt?
And as far as our running backs go, neither Eric Gray nor Ty Chandler are "the one". I cannot believe how little contact it takes for them to go down. Ty is steady Eddie, but he's not a home run hitter and absolutely no one fears him. I was impressed with Eric gray the first time I saw him playing. He ran with anger. But it seems like this season he just doesn't have the ability to get away from the tackle. He either gashes for 10 yards or goes down with minimal contact.
Both Gray and Chandler were much better in a pro-style offense. We've had receivers open all year

Reactions: Remy
Suspect Hyatt might need some help from some of the other WRs sitting on the bench.

Reactions: A.J.
I'm not convinced that our receivers "can't get separation". I saw Hyatt burn Bama twice. And Palmer as well on the TD catch. I think we have a QB problem. I'll not throw the receivers under the bus until I see someone else struggle with them, besides the great JG.

I would like to have a power back to complement Gray. Ty Chandler is this year's version of Marlin Lane. ZZZZZZZZZ
Crouch!

When was the last time our Slot ran a crossing route like Malone ran against Florida his Sr year for a long TD? Not one and Hyatt is perfect for that play.

Last edited:
When was the last time our Slot ran a crossing route like Maloney ran against Florida his Sr year for a long TD? Not one and Hyatt is perfect for that play.

Hyatt should be getting used exactly like Spurrier used Percy Harvin. Bama had no one who could cover him on their defense which says a lot. Get him the ball, HE'S A PLAYMAKER, GET A QB THAT UNDERSTANDS THAT AND FEED HYATT!!!!

Hyatt should be getting used exactly like Spurrier used Percy Harvin. Bama had no one who could cover him on their defense which says a lot. Get him the ball, HE'S A PLAYMAKER, GET A QB THAT UNDERSTANDS THAT AND FEED HYATT!!!!
Chaney only knows jet sweeps and reverses

When was the last time our Slot ran a crossing route like Malone ran against Florida his Sr year for a long TD? Not one and Hyatt is perfect for that play.

I don't disagree. But that is another question altogether.

Those plays aren't called for whatever reason. Nothing in the middle. The one time recently I remember JG throwing down the middle was in the KY game. 75 yds to the house ….. The wrong way, by the wrong team.

Thinking back, I don't remember Chaney ever really attacking the middle of the field. Even with Bray everything seemed outside in the passing game. Maybe another reason we never see our TE's utilized?

Cutcliffe and DeBord successfully used the middle of the field when they were running the O. And we were better.

Isn’t he injured, since before S.C. game ?
That might be Beckwith you’re thinking about. He was injured, but has been practicing more the last week or two I think. He’s another one I’d like to see once he gets healthy.

They continually make chicken salad out of chicken **** and yall still want to rag on them too?
Heavens to Betsy I feel like some of you would still complain if the team was stacked and they had a slip up.

VN Store

Back