reasonable expectations for 2020 season

When will we? 2025 ? 2030?

Once we start an SEC level QB.

We'll be able to beat anybody in the country next season with good QB play. At the few positions we are inexperienced at (WR/LB), there is alot of talent capable of producing immediate success.

With as much success as teams like Clemson, Bama, etc have had, they too, enter each season with 1-2 question marks on positions.

Will we beat all 4 big boys? Probably not. But I bet we at least split the difference...

Who will that be? Our freshman QB? I don’t want this to turn into a JG debate/bashfest but we know it’s not him.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Who will that be? Our freshman QB? I don’t want this to turn into a JG debate/bashfest but we know it’s not him.
. Can’t disagree with you really I don’t think we will beat OU or Bama or FL and Georgia with JG as our starting QB may not even beat SC jr. Harrison Bailey will be the starting QB later in the season assuming we have a season.

I really don't know. The good thing is we've got options. Also, I'm skeptical as well, but not ruling out JG as one of those options...The team around him will be better, he'll have a year under his belt with Chaney, etc.

With that said, I dont really see Pruitt as patient with him next season....if he doesnt play well early, I think we'll have a complete and final divorce from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Burton
Maybe not this season or even next season but at some point Pruitt will have to start being competitive with the big 3 and start beating them or the natives are going to get restless after year 4 or 5.

VN Store

Back