Reason for Optimism at QB...

UTBuff37

It's probably been a while since everyone has watched Peterman's high school highlights, but I looked them up lastnight just to see what we could be working with and I had completely forgotten how good he is. His skills at the position are very polished at a very early age. He looked like a complete natural already at the age of 17-18 as a senior in high school. Not to mention CBJ and Cinci were the first team to offer him out of high school. I'm very excited to see what this kid does in CBJ's system here...

Nathan Peterman - Tennessee Commit - Senior Highlights - YouTube

Reactions: 1 person
Ferguson looked great on that ESPN Elite 11 last year, he's mobile which you need to be for Jones' system, so I wouldn't count him out completely

Number 7 that he threw to all the time looked good to. They must have as many jersey combinations a Oregon.

Worley ran the spread why everyone on the 3rd string qb jock strap. IMO if worley doesn't start we r n for a long season .....

Definitely not counting out Worley, I've been on the Worley train since we got him, just too much production for too many years, but it really helps to be mobile in CBJ's offense and Worley is a statue. I do, however, realize that CBJ can run the offense around the personnel he has, but it's clear that Peterman has all the tools to throw the ball and has good feet too. To me he just looks like an all around natural at the position, one who can throw, move, and the mental aspect of the position. Also, Ferguson is too young right now. The difference between Ferguson and Peterman's senior highlights are a drastic difference. This year, the battle will be between Worley and Peterman and Peterman has a great shot...

It's probably been a while since everyone has watched Peterman's high school highlights, but I looked them up lastnight just to see what we could be working with and I had completely forgotten how good he is. His skills at the position are very polished at a very early age. He looked like a complete natural already at the age of 17-18 as a senior in high school. Not to mention CBJ and Cinci were the first team to offer him out of high school. I'm very excited to see what this kid does in CBJ's system here...

Nathan Peterman - Tennessee Commit - Senior Highlights - YouTube

He's got pretty good footwork, steps into his throws (Got so tired of seeing #8 throw off his back foot this year). I like his vision downfield when he decides to scramble, often throwing it to an open receiver for a big gain. He can hurt you on the QB draw and also bootleg plays.

He does force the ball a little bit and a lot of those throws would be INT's in the SEC. He also needs to start sliding and not lowering his shoulder instead of going out of bounds. Definitely has a ton of upside and I can't wait to see what in can do in CBJ's offense!

Worley ran the spread why everyone on the 3rd string qb jock strap. IMO if worley doesn't start we r n for a long season .....

You do realize that Peterman was much higher ranked by all accounts than Worley was, as seniors. I will give Worley credit where it's due, he was the GHSPOTY, but beyond that, Peterman was ranked muuch higher in all accounts. Also, he was 3rd string this season because he was a freshman...

You do realize that Peterman was much higher ranked by all accounts than Worley was, as seniors. I will give Worley credit where it's due, he was the GHSPOTY, but beyond that, Peterman was ranked muuch higher in all accounts. Also, he was 3rd string this season because he was a freshman...

Peterman I think is a better all around prospect. Worley should be a natural at this system. Almost exactly what he ran in HS when he was GHSPOTY.

Nate is a humble kid and a student of the game. That's what I learned about him from watching him play for 2 years. He can throw the deep ball, but also has touch. He is a gamer.

His stats his senior year were great, and that was with him playing only 1/2 to 3/4 of each game due to the score. I think he only played the whole game 5 times, including the playoffs.

And the number 7 he was throwing to in the video, Jared Crump, is at Wake Forrest. I think he was red shirted this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nate play again.

Dep

Reactions: 7 people
I like his mobility and seems to have a good arm. One issue I see is that he seems to hold the ball a little too long. Once he decides where to go, his release his pretty quick. Not as quick as Bray's, but still good.

Or it could mean that Nate was better and beat him out, and we will have a good young qb who we can watch develop for a few years. And it appeared in that video that Nate ran a similar offense in HS as well not that I think that is a huge deal either way.

ive thought since peterman committed that his tape was more impressive than worleys. idk why but worley has never done it for me. even when he was player of the year. peterman jumped off the screen much more to me. just hope we pick one and roll and dont flip back and forth a la ainge/clausen or crompton/stephens/coleman.

Peterman threw to his primary receiver in nearly every clip. He stared the guy down the entire play and then threw it right on the money. You can't do that in the SEC. I know really good high school teams can get away with that just by sheer talent alone but I don't care who you are you have to be able to work through progressions in the SEC to be successful. He has tons of talent and I'm sure he learned a ton in his red-shirt season but I'm just being the voice of reason here. Did no one else notice that it looks like he almost never threw to a secondary receiver?

VN Store

Back