Real OC would have us in I Formation with these players

Last night they lined up with the QB under center and a RB and a HB and needed 8 inches for a first down and how did that work out for us?

So maybe the I formation is not the answer.

HC, OC, and O line coaches have been together now, what, 7 years?

They know what they are doing.

It is a process.

Not sure if i agree that they kno what they are doing. Being together 7 yrs just makes them look worse. We will be the same or worse next year. Not bashing here jmo

Last night they lined up with the QB under center and a RB and a HB and needed 8 inches for a first down and how did that work out for us?

Good point.

Our main problem is depth on the OL.

It's not just the bad running game. We've got one of the most talented receiving groups in the country--a couple of them are young but North and Howard are experienced--and yet we make very few big plays in the passing game. This is college football--EVERYBODY scores more than 3 or 9 points, no matter who they are playing.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not just the bad running game. We've got one of the most talented receiving groups in the country--a couple of them are young but North and Howard are experienced--and yet we make very few big plays in the passing game. This is college football--EVERYBODY scores more than 3 or 9 points, no matter who they are playing.

Worley played his worse game of the season last night. He did make some bad decisions, hopefully he will learn from those mistakes.

I just watched a replay on the Jones show and one of the plays they showed was the 18 yard pass down the middle to Malone which was a good play but Pearson is running WIDE OPEN on crossing route and if Worley hits him in stride it is a TD.

So that is all on the QB he throws the ball into double coverage and gets a good play out of it but if he makes the right read we get at least a huge gain and possibly a TD.

I can only wonder how many wins this team have if we were not running a read option but instead we were running an I formation with a FB blocking for Hurd?

I honestly think we would have beat Florida and maybe GA.

This read option stuff with a QB who never runs is crap.

Worley holds the ball for 5 seconds before he even hands it to Hurd.

Hurd is not a quick foot RB. He needs a few steps to get up to speed due to his size. We are using him wrong.

Put a FB in front off him and power the ball.

Just a total crap scheme right now.

And when it's fourth down use the damn Beast package...it was the only thing Dooley ever did right.

Hell, the OM coach gets it. When it was 4th and 1 he pulled BO and brought in freaking Refrigerator Perry.

1. We play with a FB.

It to me seems the coaches are switching some things up its just not working. We've brought in blockers for Hurd, but when there's 3 unblocked defenders 2 yards in front of him when he gets the ball it's not gonna work.
An I formation also won't work. I'd like to see better play calling at some points, but the truth is with this bad of an O line and a QB who is immobile and making bad decisions it's gonna be ugly. Worley could help out a ton by not dropping back 5 yards AFTER he gets it in shotgun.

They lined up under center with an H back on 4th and 1 and prompltly allowed an OM defender 5 yards in the back field.

^^^This^^^

You cannot be successful in the I with a bad oline!!! I saw us try to pull a guard at one point last night and guess what happened....the Center got knocked back and cut off the puller, then the running back got blown up.

^^^This^^^

You cannot be successful in the I with a bad oline!!! I saw us try to pull a guard at one point last night and guess what happened....the Center got knocked back and cut off the puller, then the running back got blown up.

When the line is this bad you don't pull a guard, you just line up and put a hat on a hat, then let the rb find the lane. This also develops A LOT faster than this read option type of bs that is currently being ran.

Reactions: 2 people
I can only wonder how many wins this team have if we were not running a read option but instead we were running an I formation with a FB blocking for Hurd?

I honestly think we would have beat Florida and maybe GA.

This read option stuff with a QB who never runs is crap.

Worley holds the ball for 5 seconds before he even hands it to Hurd.

Hurd is not a quick foot RB. He needs a few steps to get up to speed due to his size. We are using him wrong.

Put a FB in front off him and power the ball.

Just a total crap scheme right now.

And when it's fourth down use the damn Beast package...it was the only thing Dooley ever did right.

Hell, the OM coach gets it. When it was 4th and 1 he pulled BO and brought in freaking Refrigerator Perry.

I love a good FB in any offense. One that can block, run and catch. They are a hell of a weapon when used right.

When the line is this bad you don't pull a guard, you just line up and put a hat on a hat, then let the rb find the lane. This also develops A LOT faster than this read option type of bs that is currently being ran.

No pulls and a hat on a hat? Sounds like zone to me.

IF you think our o line is bad now, I cannot imagine how this board would explode if we were running the I formation.

We go I formation tonight with Peterman then TURN and hand off so we can get blown up 3 yards deep when we need 0.3 yards. Everything Bajakian does with this offense is ineffective.

I Formation has a FB. We had a 1 back set. That was not an I Formation

No pulls and a hat on a hat? Sounds like zone to me.

I know, right. I love to see the cyclical rants on here....

1. Our scheme is too complicated - quit running zone blocking and mash people.

2. We can't pull a guard / Get hat on a hat and move people...

3. Ummmmm that is zone blocking.

:thud:

It kills me that people are griping and moaning but they still don't understand our basic offensive scheme. There IS a BIG difference between a "read option" play and a "zone read" play.

Put Helm and Wolf in the backfield to help block. Hurd can play slot or three deep in the backfield .

VN Store

Back