Ready for the New Conferences...?

Good gravy I can't wait until Thursday night when baseball starts up and the media folks have something to do...

I looked up on google maps and calculated average distances between stadiums for our actual 12 games vs proposed 11 game schedule in this article. 402 miles average actual distance vs 346 miles proposed. Drop our longest distance game (oklahoma) to get a comparable 11 game schedule and our actual distance would drop to... the same 346 miles as proposed with new conference (actually, two tenth of a mile less than the proposed schedule).

Journalists are dumb. I'm even dumber for wasting time fact-checking them.

No. After I leave for me new home in heaven, hopefully a lot of seasons down the road, I don't care what the young uns do but, while I'm still walking the earth, I prefer the old school, good ole, and traditional way of doing things. Unless we can dramatically reduce cost, and prove that up front, improve quality, and by far upgrade the way things are done, I don't support it. All this change for change's sake is ridiculous.
When I walk up that Orange Road and kneel at the Golden goal posts I hope to see the General still smiling too. I just pray football is still around. I vote no!

that's exactly what I came up with after the first judgement of the "committee".

Mine was a little bit wilder. Abolishing the Big12 (it's been self-destructing already(lost CU,NU, TAMU, MZ I'm sure I'm leaving someone out), making 4 Power 4 conferences, 16 teams each 2-8 team divisions. Division championships are the first playoff rounds or you can cede the divisions and have for example: Big10 east vs. Pac 12 North, SECw vs. Big 10 W.

I believe in having a 16 team playoff like the BCS.

I was for the CFP like most fans but the CFP needs some changing, people have to recognize that there needs to be change, right now the CFPs have benefited "the rich get richer" (Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma, even Washington have been the benefactors of the CFP as it stands.

I see some issues with the article, but a lot get upset over someone's idea. Maybe It's rev. 1 and needs a little massaging. Looks to me like a Penn St guy wrote it but TN didn't do too bad either. At least everyone has a chance to play for a championship, not elected by a committee. And don't underestimate the conferences ability to screw up a wet dream. And it takes the NCAA forever to actually do something (the NCAA takes at least 5 years before it'll make a change.

It's got some mistakes, but it's not bad for a first run. Better than sitting back a going all ape on someone's idea. It's a good article to discuss during the off-season, I hope the dude got paid even if it's nonsense to some.

Have 6, 10 team power conferences.

Play a round robin in each one to determine who gets the auto bid for the playoffs from that conference.

Have 6, wild card teams from the 6 conferences. Figure out a bracket that works giving some byes to the top conference winning teams.

Or expand the playoffs to 8 teams and leave it like it is except the SEC needs to go to 9 conference games. We should play 3 west teams a year all home and home, 2 rotating and Alabama every year.

Or put Alabama, LSU, Auburn, T a&m, Fl, Ga and us on one side and draw straws for how the rest works out.

YUK...downright gross.....

Most of the schools in UT's proposed division don't deserve to be uttered in the same breath with the Vols.
Yeah but literally ND and WVu would be the only ones challenging us. Compared to UGA, UF, with cross gams vs Bama...this is 10x easier.

Reactions: ClockworkOrange

VN Store

Back