Ready for some more disappointment?

Ricky, do you have nothing better to do than go on a Tennessee site and start harrassing people? I would think that someone in Grad school would have a little more class, but I guess that shows the level of education you've received at both schools.

As for Auburn, I think they are a great team, but they do have Tubberville as a coach, who has a record of tanking in the end. They may stop a new mudhole in UT and walk it dry, if they do I will most definately pull for Auburn to win it all. But there is one thing people should not forget. And that is Fulmer is at his best when his back is to the wall. If there is a double digit line on the game, I wouldn't count on an easy victory.

If you want to taunt fans, go to a bammer site, not here.

I'm looking forward to the game. I think AU wins, but TN does better than the last meeting. I was going to talk a little smack, but after reading my esteemed colleague's post, I'll just pass. Otherwise we might start to sound like bummers.

I'm moving into my new house Saturday morning, the cable guy is supposed to hook up my 65 inch Mitsubishi in the afternoon and I plan on watching the game in HD that evening.

Cable guy probably won't show. My new neighbor is a UT grad and I told him that his TV is on standby in case comcast screws me.

If anybody feels like trading some smack, other than the high-school variety, bring it. :shakeit:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc+Nov 29, 2004 1:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiddiedoc @ Nov 29, 2004 1:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RickUGAAU@Nov 29, 2004 10:35 AM
As far as the UGA game goes, it isn&#39;t so much that UT "beat" UGA as it was that UT happened to be in the same stadium when UGA self-destructed. Not being a true fan of either team, but calling them as I see them, I would guess that--if UGA and UT played each other 10 times--UGA would win 8 of 10. They are clearly a better team than UT. &#39;Nuff said about a team I really don&#39;t care about.

Sure sounds like you care. Well, maybe Georgia will win more next year and you can change shirts then.

And, unfortunately for your fortune-telling dreams, you only play a game once.

The score was 19-14. [/quote]
Well, congratulations on being 1-4 against JoJa in the past five years. I think that&#39;s right, anyhow. Like I said, I&#39;m not a huge Bulldog aficianado. UGA (the dog) is cool though, so they&#39;re alright as long as they aren&#39;t playing Auburn.

I think Richt will coach a national championship team within the next five years. I also think UT had better enjoy rubbing UGA&#39;s face in it this year, because it&#39;s going to be an increasing rarity to have bragging rights over the Dawgs.

Cheers&#33;

Originally posted by U&#045;T@Nov 29, 2004 3:54 PM
This idiot talks, board IQ drops

Take it easy there, tufelhunden.

As you know, fidelity to the Corps comes first. So I will let that one slip&#33;

Semper Fi&#33; Do or Die&#33;

yo pRick, if you want to take it back 5 years, why not 10, or do you just want to suit your own argument. Tennessee owns Georgia and has for the past 15 years. All Georgia has to show over the past 20 years is one SEC championship.

Originally posted by RickUGAAU+Nov 29, 2004 8:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RickUGAAU @ Nov 29, 2004 8:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T@Nov 29, 2004 3:54 PM

As you know, fidelity to the Corps comes first. So I will let that one slip&#33;

Semper Fi&#33; Do or Die&#33; [/quote]
I doubt you are a Marine.

Originally posted by Volunteer@Nov 29, 2004 8:21 PM
yo pRick, if you want to take it back 5 years, why not 10, or do you just want to suit your own argument. Tennessee owns Georgia and has for the past 15 years. All Georgia has to show over the past 20 years is one SEC championship.

Congratulations.

You people make a big deal out of the "UGA" part of my signature, but I already explained that.

I&#39;m first and foremost an Auburn fan, and that&#39;s all that really matters at this point in the season, isn&#39;t it?

Georgia&#39;s program has indeed been mediocre for a long time. I think that over the past 20 years or so, they typically finish in the high teens or something like that. I&#39;ve noticed that since Richt has taken over, they have finished in the top 10 each year, and chances are they will again this year. That&#39;s an accomplishment when you play in the SEC.

I&#39;ll always root for Mark Richt when he&#39;s not playing Auburn. He seems to be a helluva guy, and I admire what he stands for.

Originally posted by U&#045;T+Nov 29, 2004 8:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (U-T @ Nov 29, 2004 8:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RickUGAAU@Nov 29, 2004 8:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-U&#045;T
@Nov 29, 2004 3:54 PM

Semper Fi&#33; Do or Die&#33;

I doubt you are a Marine. [/quote]
You could probably verify this with a little research if you care to.

It&#39;s been over a decade, but:

Graduated basic from Platoon 1076, Parris Island, SC (I even remember the ZIP--29905) on Thursday, August 9, 1991. DI&#39;s SSgt Gary Elmore, Sgt Richard Nixon (no kidding--but he was dark green), SDI SSgt Gary Harris from Providence, Rhode Island.

Completed Marine Combat Training and School of Infantry Summer 1992 at Camp Geiger/Camp Lejeune. Trained as MOS 0351 (used to be the Dragons) and assigned to USMCR Weapons Company 3/25 in Moundsville, WV where I drilled until 1995.

It&#39;s okay if you don&#39;t believe me. I don&#39;t need to prove anything to you.

Thanks for your service, though&#33;

I think Richt will coach a national championship team within the next five years. I also think UT had better enjoy rubbing UGA&#39;s face in it this year, because it&#39;s going to be an increasing rarity to have bragging rights over the Dawgs.

Georgia loses a lot of players next year. Did you not watch the game this weekend? No more Greene bailing that ass out. We&#39;ll see how loud you are cheering in the future when you Barners return to their normal mediocraty. One good season in the last 10 years and you clowns come out of the wood work. :shakeit:

Georgia, as much as we may hate them, is going to consistently be good under Richt.

Originally posted by lang wiseman fan@Nov 29, 2004 8:48 PM

Georgia loses a lot of players next year. Did you not watch the game this weekend? No more Greene bailing that ass out. We&#39;ll see how loud you are cheering in the future when you Barners return to their normal mediocraty. One good season in the last 10 years and you clowns come out of the wood work. :shakeit:

I think you&#39;ll be surprised. Richt has a ton of ability in putting together an offense around the quarterback.

Shockley didn&#39;t exactly look stellar against GT, I give you that. But I&#39;ve seen him play much better. His mobility is extraordinary, and it will only get better when he knows the starting job is his to lose. Also, once he gets a little more confidence in his passing game, he&#39;ll make better decisions. He has a great arm, just needs to slow things down a little.

My prediction for next year is that the Dawgs will drop one or two games early as this (younger) team learns to work together. Then they will come on strong as a legitimate SEC East contender.

Auburn next year? I don&#39;t want to think about it. :unsure:

Its gonna be a great off season...Georgia and Auburn lose their best players, and UT dogs them both....Hello undefeated 2005&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :beer: :beer:

No, Auburn drops pff the schedule for...LSU. And we have to go to Baton Rouge. It doesn&#39;t get easier next year, with road trips to Gainesville, Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, and South Bend.

damm skippy&#33;&#33;&#33; nothing more fun that watching UT win on the road&#33;&#33;&#33; :beer:

You know, the more I hear about how AU is going to pound UT, the more I think an upset is imminent. Nothing charges up the underdog more than the belief that he is underestimated.

Keep in mind that stats are useless in big games. Last year when UGA came to LSU, I think they were on something of a 9 road game winning streak. Greene hadn&#39;t thrown an interception in, like, 120 passes. He threw three, I think, in that game alone. Their kicker hadn&#39;t missed a field goal in forever. He missed at least two that game alone. All the numbers were in UGA&#39;s favor, and I don&#39;t need to remind you of who won the game.

Of course, UGA called it a fluke. They didn&#39;t call the final score in the subsequent SECCG a fluke.

Self-praise aside, I have to say I completely agree with what Fulmer said in a news article I read. He said something about how, in the SECCG, all bets are off. Literally, anything can happen.

So be of good heart.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Nov 30, 2004 3:35 AM
You know, the more I hear about how AU is going to pound UT, the more I think an upset is imminent. Nothing charges up the underdog more than the belief that he is underestimated.

Keep in mind that stats are useless in big games. Last year when UGA came to LSU, I think they were on something of a 9 road game winning streak. Greene hadn&#39;t thrown an interception in, like, 120 passes. He threw three, I think, in that game alone. Their kicker hadn&#39;t missed a field goal in forever. He missed at least two that game alone. All the numbers were in UGA&#39;s favor, and I don&#39;t need to remind you of who won the game.

Of course, UGA called it a fluke. They didn&#39;t call the final score in the subsequent SECCG a fluke.

Self-praise aside, I have to say I completely agree with what Fulmer said in a news article I read. He said something about how, in the SECCG, all bets are off. Literally, anything can happen.

So be of good heart.

Self-praise? How many snaps did you take against the Dawgs last year? How many field goals or extra points did you kick? How many sacks were you credited for? Just wondering.

And...what about defending national champ LSU&#39;s journey to Athens this year. You wanna talk about an a&#036;&#036; whoopin&#39;&#33;

And I agree that just about anything can happen in this SEC championship: it just won&#39;t be UT winning.

You are right though, AU could win by 20...or 30...or even 40&#33;

Originally posted by RickUGAAU@Dec 1, 2004 5:50 PM
Self-praise? How many snaps did you take against the Dawgs last year? How many field goals or extra points did you kick? How many sacks were you credited for? Just wondering.

And...what about defending national champ LSU&#39;s journey to Athens this year. You wanna talk about an a&#036;&#036; whoopin&#39;&#33;

What were the final scores last year, pal?

Yeah, we got our a&#036;&#036;es kicked this season at Athens, but UGA&#39;s not headed back to Atlanta, either, buddy.

:lolup: :lolup:

Go at it guys. I have Atreus taking Rick 3 to 1... any takers? I mean, at least he can pick a single team to back.

It&#39;s great to see two tigers fighting in Vol land (or should that we a tiger and a plainsman or a tiger and a war eagle). Who would have thought I would be siding with an LSU fan.

:beer:

Originally posted by RickUGAAU@Nov 29, 2004 8:55 PM
I think you&#39;ll be surprised. Richt has a ton of ability in putting together an offense around the quarterback.

Shockley didn&#39;t exactly look stellar against GT, I give you that. But I&#39;ve seen him play much better. His mobility is extraordinary, and it will only get better when he knows the starting job is his to lose. Also, once he gets a little more confidence in his passing game, he&#39;ll make better decisions. He has a great arm, just needs to slow things down a little.

My prediction for next year is that the Dawgs will drop one or two games early as this (younger) team learns to work together. Then they will come on strong as a legitimate SEC East contender.

and...

"I think Richt will coach a national championship team within the next five years. I also think UT had better enjoy rubbing UGA&#39;s face in it this year, because it&#39;s going to be an increasing rarity to have bragging rights over the Dawgs.

Cheers&#33;

Not a Georgia fan? Hmmm.... I don&#39;t blame you right now. Hang on though, you might want to switch back next year&#33;

VN Store

Back