Read & React

Peyton_ManThing

Cole and Roman had a good breakdown of Mizzou’s offensive success. Basically spoke about Vols execution and how poor some of the defensive calls were. IMO it honestly seemed like they were legitimately just kinda laughing at how our D seemed to make zero adjustments and just kept allowing Shrader to run right by us. I’m so tired of players having career days against us.

WeBanks is not very good. Been saying that for 3 years.
Heuple said that we set back in zone 10 yds off the receivers because we couldn’t cover their receivers and their best receiver not at 100% .We should have made that adjustment at least during halftime and went to man on man or some combination. Good coaches make adjustments, Banks did not !
Enough said

Cole and Roman had a good breakdown of Mizzou’s offensive success. Basically spoke about Vols execution and how poor some of the defensive calls were. IMO it honestly seemed like they were legitimately just kinda laughing at how our D seemed to make zero adjustments and just kept allowing Shrader to run right by us. I’m so tired of players having career days against us.
It looked like Herring was running in mud when attempting to tackle Mizzou's RB.

2 weeks ago, UGAly made a critical adjustment at halftime and spied Cook the entire 2nd half, and it stopped a lot of their Qb scrambles. Banks did not, for some reason, and Cook took advantage of it. Schrader being wide open in the flat the entire game was a direct result of the zone scheme and there was zero adjustment at halftime to stop that. It's maddening to watch opposing teams convert on 3rd a long over and over again. Banks' achilles heel has been 3rd and long since he got here.

Banks is not very good. Been saying that for 3 years.
I was yelling at the TV when several times we were rushing only 3 down lineman and had James Pearce Jr. running around in coverage.

Then they tried some stupid Prowler crap... the defensive staff is in over their heads.

For those that believe it's solely due to a lack of talent are in for a rude awakening. Yes, the talent needs to be better, but there are scheme/teaching issues on that side of the ball.

I was yelling at the TV when several times we were rushing only 3 down lineman and had James Pearce Jr. running around in coverage.

Then they tried some stupid Prowler crap... the defensive staff is in over their heads.

For those that believe it's solely due to a lack of talent are in for a rude awakening. Yes, the talent needs to be better, but there are scheme/teaching issues on that side of the ball.
I don't buy the talent thing. They shut Bama down in the first half. Unfortunately they made zero changes to their scheme and Bama did and it opened up everything for Bama to have their way offensively. Again, zero adjustments.

How many 3 and outs did we have this game? What was our t.o.p?Defense was probably gassed before halftime. Need to play complimentary. Can't score seven fn points and expect to beat anybody

Reactions: 08Vol and cyclevol

I dont want to watch this shitshow anymore but the wide open gaps we left in running lanes are just criminal. It feels like we were often playing 3 dl vs 7, got totally owned. LBs and high safety had 0 gap discipline. And NO ADJUSTMENTS from Banks. My grandma can run 200 yds on this free grass lawn. Totally unacceptable.

How many 3 and outs did we have this game? What was our t.o.p?Defense was probably gassed before halftime. Need to play complimentary. Can't score seven fn points and expect to beat anybody
I would agree in most games. It is sometimes the defense that gasses the defense. If you can't stop 3rd down, you're doomed. Mizz was 11-17 on 3rd down. 65%. Offense was bad, Defense was worse.

The most degrading was the punt down to the 1 foot line. 3rd and long from basically their end zone and Cook breaks outside the pocket and scrambles for a first down. Back breaker!!

I would agree in most games. It is sometimes the defense that gasses the defense. If you can't stop 3rd down, you're doomed. Mizz was 11-17 on 3rd down. 65%. Offense was bad, Defense was worse.

The most degrading was the punt down to the 1 foot line. 3rd and long from basically their end zone and Cook breaks outside the pocket and scrambles for a first down. Back breaker!!
Yep and letting schrader run free/wide open 5 yards past the LOS

I dont want to watch this shitshow anymore but the wide open gaps we left in running lanes are just criminal. It feels like we were often playing 3 dl vs 7, got totally owned. LBs and high safety had 0 gap discipline. And NO ADJUSTMENTS from Banks. My grandma can run 200 yds on this free grass lawn. Totally unacceptable.
Pretty much exactly what they said. Players have to execute but they also have to be coached and put in the right call/alignment. Lb’s did not fill gaps and then they specifically pointed out we had five in the box and next line of run support was Jaylen wayyy back off the ball (then of course he takes terrible angle). It’s like we had never defended a stretch run before. We looked like we game planned to specifically not get beat on a deep ball and never adjusted to anything else.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
No body really wanted the job as DC job when they hired Huepel but it should be a more enticing job now. Banks is an average to below average DC and it's time to upgrade. And let's not even talk about the OC, that's looking like a great hire.

Exactly....wouldn't have mattered because our offensive game play was pitiful....but our defense caused our offense to miss a lot of offensive plays. My gosh the TOP was awful....They had it 39:56.....We had it 20:04.....Pitiful. Sorry azz offensive game plan and a even worse defensive plan.

Reactions: 08Vol
All of this boils down to coaching one way or another. Pitiful gameplan. No adjustments. Players out of position. Lack of execution. It's all still a coaching issue. If the players aren't good enough... that's a coaches issue as well.

Pretty much exactly what they said. Players have to execute but they also have to be coached and put in the right call/alignment. Lb’s did not fill gaps and then they specifically pointed out we had five in the box and next line of run support was Jaylen wayyy back off the ball (then of course he takes terrible angle). It’s like we had never defended a stretch run before. We looked like we game planned to specifically not get beat on a deep ball and never adjusted to anything else.

I didnt watch the whole GA-Mizzou game but in highlights GA got beat by a few deep balls, and maybe that was why the staff was mainly prepping for. But they should've known Burton were not 100%

For Mizzou, with Burton hurt they changed their gameplan and utilized no.7 and QB run more, and they probably noticed Arion Carter is out, and our OLB (no.44) is slow as hell and exploited it

For us, failing to gameplan for multiple scenarios and made no adjustments is not players fault. Mizzou was keeping the same formation again and again.

I am not calling for CJH's head but elite coach shouldn't allow this level of sloppiness. This is NOT a talent issue.

Man to man: matchup problems (ex. Herring on Schrader, McDonald on anyone with speed, etc.- they are everywhere).
Zone: DB's can't tackle (they slide right off or try a weak ass hit) or cover a WR is in their zone (stand five yards away).

VolNation: Fire the coach!

Folks, the current roster is not good enough. Other teams have better players and opposing coaches exploited the vulnerabilities. It's very simple. Fans like to focus solely on their team and often fail to see the bigger picture.

We had our backup LB's in and they did not fill properly
Herring had a really bad day, but so did the safeties. They whiffed on their gap responsibly all night long.

I thought Jordan Thomas had a good night overall and would like to see him get more snaps. He was flying to the ball.

Speaking of career days......what's that coming down the track....
We better be amped up to knock off these leg humpers!

2 weeks ago, UGAly made a critical adjustment at halftime and spied Cook the entire 2nd half, and it stopped a lot of their Qb scrambles. Banks did not, for some reason, and Cook took advantage of it. Schrader being wide open in the flat the entire game was a direct result of the zone scheme and there was zero adjustment at halftime to stop that. It's maddening to watch opposing teams convert on 3rd a long over and over again. Banks' achilles heel has been 3rd and long since he got here.
You have to hope the scheme we’re calling is because of a lack of talent. When we upgrade our secondary and linebackers, if we still run this crap all the time I’ll be shocked.

VN Store

Back