RB Room

Glad David got his ass in gear, stepped up and faced down his fears. As he shows, 99% of what he’s afraid of doesn’t happen. What a fine young man he is turning out to be!

As for the second string RB- pretty sure he wants to be RB1 if not a good NFL grade -and that ain’t happening around here. Not with Sampson and the young dude. Small played a huge role here and wish him nothing but the best in the pursuit of his dreams!

the "or transfer" part is odd though
If he does want to go to the NFL but he isn’t projected very high, he might transfer somewhere we he can be the featured back and get 15-20 carries every game. He averaged less than 9 carries per game this year and we will again be a three headed monster next year.

Our RB room is loaded:
Wright
Small
Sampson
Khalifa Keith
DeSean Bishop
Cam Seldon
Peyton Lewis

I mean...theres gotta be some movement there, either at the top or the bottom.

I think if Wright gets a Day 2 or 3 grade he should go. I hate to say that, but it helps solidify that you can get drafted in Heupels offense. It isn't just a passing offense. AND that you can split carries and still get yours. So from an optics standpoint, it looks good. But Wright has been my favorite back since Montario Hardesty.

Our RB room is loaded:
Wright
Small
Sampson
Khalifa Keith
DeSean Bishop
Cam Seldon
Peyton Lewis

I think if Wright gets a Day 2 or 3 grade he should go. I hate to say that, but it helps solidify that you can get drafted in Heupels offense. It isn't just a passing offense. AND that you can split carries and still get yours. So from an optics standpoint, it looks good. But Wright has been my favorite back since Montario Hardesty.
My guesses....Wright to the NFL. Small and Bishop to the portal.

If he does want to go to the NFL but he isn’t projected very high, he might transfer somewhere we he can be the featured back and get 15-20 carries every game. He averaged less than 9 carries per game this year and we will again be a three headed monster next year.
Backs these days don’t want 15 to 20 carries if they’re smart and most are. Wear and tear on your bodies limit the years one wil play in the NFl and that ain’t many.. A beat up RB coming out of college loses money in most cases.

Our RB room is loaded:
Wright
Small
Sampson
Khalifa Keith
DeSean Bishop
Cam Seldon
Peyton Lewis

'Was loaded' might be a better way to phrase the current situation. Wright likely goes to the NFL and Small may not come back for his final year, this is what the room will look like next year, probably in this pecking order:
Dylan Sampson
Cam Seldon
Khalifa Keith
Peyton Lewis
DeSean Bishop

I sure hope the the guys behind Sampson have some juice because they haven't been tested in live game situations, and he will have a rough time going through a full SEC season as the featured back.

Last edited:
'Was loaded' might be a better way to phrase the current situation. Wright likely goes to the NFL and Small may not come back for his final year, this is what the room will look like next year, probably in this pecking order:
Dylan Sampson
Cam Seldon
Khalifa Keith
Peyton Lewis
DeSean Bishop

I sure hope the the guys behind Sampson have some juice because they haven't been tested in live game situations, and he will have a rough time going through a full SEC season as the featured back.
There's at least a decent chance that next year's group will be better than this year's group. Sampson is a future star. Seldon may not be far behind...

A huge problem in this world, people see something posted on Facebook by some random "insider" and immediately accept it as fact, just because they saw it on Facebook.

Reactions: griffdog14
Dylan Sampson
Cam Seldon
Khalifa Keith
Peyton Lewis
DeSean Bishop

Yeah...LOADED.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Stewart, Hayden and Garner.

Lewis was out most of 98 and Stephens redshirted in 99.
Stewart and Hayden split time as freshmen in 1991. Garner came in 1992 from JC and took over the no. 1 tailback for two years. All three were starters in the NFL. Garner went to several pro bowls and was first team All Pro one season and second team All Pro one season

Best 1-2 punch ever was Cobb and Webb

VN Store

Back