Rattler vs Hurts

Rattler is a more accurate natural passer and possibly a slightly better athlete. Hurts was better than I think Rattler will ever be at protecting the football because Rattler isn’t naturally patient. Hurts is.

Rattler is a more accurate natural passer and possibly a slightly better athlete. Hurts was better than I think Rattler will ever be at protecting the football because Rattler isn’t naturally patient. Hurts is.

Ooh, that kinda scares me to read. Better natural passer AND athlete than Hurts. Ugggh, Hurts got em in the playoff last year. 😮. Don't know anything @ Rattler, but I don't like hearing it that way.

Reactions: savannahfan
Ooh, that kinda scares me to read. Better natural passer AND athlete than Hurts. Ugggh, Hurts got em in the playoff last year. 😮. Don't know anything @ Rattler, but I don't like hearing it that way.
Don’t get it twisted though. Rattler is very athletic however Hurts is faster. At this level I’m not sure Rattler will be able to scramble around like he did in HS. He’s a little smaller and slower than Hurts as well but when I say “more athletic” I mean the ability to change direction when running or escaping the pocket. His impatience I believe will tilt heavily in our favor.

And by “natural passer” that’s comparing him the Hurts of Alabama (pre Tua). He became a much better passer after Alabama started playing balanced football.

Watch from the 7 min mark. You’ll know what I mean when I say he’s impatient.

Rattler is a baller, the video shown was two years ago. This kid sat behind Hurts last year to learn with a ton of talent. Not to mention the head coach teaching him. The fact that no team had a full spring may help us since we play them early.

And by “natural passer” that’s comparing him the Hurts of Alabama (pre Tua). He became a much better passer after Alabama started playing balanced football.
Rattler has a lot better deep ball than Hurts from what I'm told. A lot of Hurts passing yards came after the catch and the receivers tore up field. I don't think too many college QBs have Hurts natural ability to scramble out of trouble tho. Rattler is rated as a dual threat QB tho, so we might see some designed run plays for him.

Overall, I think you're going to see us go back to more of a passing based, up tempo offense like we saw under Baker and Kyler. They go thru progressions on receivers or planned runs but scramble when they have to.

Rattler has a lot better deep ball than Hurts from what I'm told. A lot of Hurts passing yards came after the catch and the receivers tore up field. I don't think too many college QBs have Hurts natural ability to scramble out of trouble tho. Rattler is rated as a dual threat QB tho, so we might see some designed run plays for him.

Overall, I think you're going to see us go back to more of a passing based, up tempo offense like we saw under Baker and Kyler. They go thru progressions on receivers or planned runs but scramble when they have to.
Rattler IS a more natural passer than Hurts. So yes I’d have to agree that his deep ball is better along with short as well as intermediate. I see Rattler as more “shifty” than Hurts but I’m not sure he’s faster. I’d put my money on Hurts in terms of speed. I’d also give the nod to Hurts in terms of decision making. Rattler (unless corrected) would rather take chances, especially if he’s down on the score board, than take a check down. That’s why I’m happy to get y’all early rather than late. That mentality may even the odds in Norman. I think it be a much better game than anticipated.

Rattler IS a more natural passer than Hurts. So yes I’d have to agree that his deep ball is better along with short as well as intermediate. I see Rattler as more “shifty” than Hurts but I’m not sure he’s faster. I’d put my money on Hurts in terms of speed. I’d also give the nod to Hurts in terms of decision making. Rattler (unless corrected) would rather take chances, especially if he’s down on the score board, than take a check down. That’s why I’m happy to get y’all early rather than late. That mentality may even the odds in Norman. I think it be a much better game than anticipated.
I think I can agree with that. Rattler may be young and impulsive, but I have this feeling Lincoln will set him straight because we still have Mordecai backing him up who is a pretty solid QB as well.

I'm really going to miss spring football and the opportunity to see them both in action.

I think I can agree with that. Rattler may be young and impulsive, but I have this feeling Lincoln will set him straight because we still have Mordecai backing him up who is a pretty solid QB as well.

I'm really going to miss spring football and the opportunity to see them both in action.
Aren’t we all. We have some promise behind our starter as well and wish we could see it on the field as well. Keep your heads up though..... we’ll get through it.

Has rattler already won the job? Mordecai looks pretty good from what I've seen.

What I hope to see is the Vols defense getting to the OU QB, getting into his head as well as getting into the backfield and throwing off his rhythm and timing. Force mistakes - bad decisions, bad throws, taking a loss rather than throwing it away. Sack him 3+ times. Intercept him 3+ times. Force him to run and tackle him for a loss.

The perfect outcome to OU's first pass downfield - receiver's hit just as he puts hands on the ball; the ball is knocked free and grabbed in midair by a Vol, who runs it back for a score or incredible field position. OU throws the ball and is down by a score. Repeat the next few pass attempts. Let UT build an insurmountable lead, then continue scoring on every OU mistake. Let the Vols leave the Sooners psychologically scarred by game's end.

What I hope to see is the Vols defense getting to the OU QB, getting into his head as well as getting into the backfield and throwing off his rhythm and timing. Force mistakes - bad decisions, bad throws, taking a loss rather than throwing it away. Sack him 3+ times. Intercept him 3+ times. Force him to run and tackle him for a loss.

The perfect outcome to OU's first pass downfield - receiver's hit just as he puts hands on the ball; the ball is knocked free and grabbed in midair by a Vol, who runs it back for a score or incredible field position. OU throws the ball and is down by a score. Repeat the next few pass attempts. Let UT build an insurmountable lead, then continue scoring on every OU mistake. Let the Vols leave the Sooners psychologically scarred by game's end.
Yeah, I remember the last time we had a big lead on them.

Yeah, I remember the last time we had a big lead on them.
Wallow in your disappointments and cynicism. Filter every good thing that happens through your dark lens. Be comforted in the shreds of this while others who have hope in their lives rejoice unfettered in the rare moments to come. Yours will not be hell. Yours will not be heaven. Your eternity will be purgatory, a mediocrity of always being outside looking in.

Reactions: Goalpost82
Riley’s system will likely have Rattler elite sooner than later. I think our defense is in trouble with him.

Rattler, 6', 198lbs, is a RSF. He is most comparable to Baker Mayfield. Illusive gunslinger with an accurate cannon and an edge to him. Not as fast or as big as Hurts but much much better arm and accuracy. He has escapability and can find throwing lanes but he won't beat you running the ball like Hurts or Kyle Murray.

VN Store

Back