Rate this season

Rate this season

• Total voters

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
How would you guys rate this season? Lots of highs and lows, but I find it hard to say that it was a complete disappointment. Hopefully the flashes of brilliance we saw will turn into routine by next season. Can't wait to see what Martin does. As long as he doesn't underachieve, I think he will be a good coach for us in the immediate future.

GO VOLS!!!:rock:

Martin's inability to motivate his team the last few minutes of a ball game to win the close ones is why next season will be no better than this past year. I have never seen a coach let his guys play their way out of a win by saving timeouts and not ripping into them when needed.

I expected a null season following so many drastic changes throughout the program and administration. Finishing second in the SEC during the regular season was a great accomplishment. No reason for this team to hang their head. This season was more positive in nature than negative. Picked 11th, finish 2nd. Well done.

Get better next year.

Very good year. A lot of positives to build on.

Everyone is going to overreact to this game however.

All things considered, probably a 7. Not thrilled right now but very excited for the future.

Martin's inability to motivate his team the last few minutes of a ball game to win the close ones is why next season will be no better than this past year. I have never seen a coach let his guys play their way out of a win by saving timeouts and not ripping into them when needed.

People who watched games this year laugh at you.

Also, your reasoning is poor. Motivating at the end of games?

We certainly exceeded expectations. Still no reason to ever lose a few of the games we did but I'll take a 2nd place finish in the SEC. Losing in the first round of the SEC Tournament was extremely disappointing.

People who watched games this year laugh at you.

Also, your reasoning is poor. Motivating at the end of games?

Seen every game this year buddy and watched Martin get out coached on several occasions by inferior teams, mostly in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Much better than I expected.
I have to keep reminding myself that we're developing young players and also have a young coach that is in the development process.
I'm hoping Martin can get the players looking inside when the game is on the line next year.
He says it a lot in post game, but the players just don't seem to get it.

Last edited:
Seen every game this year buddy and watched Martin get out coached on several occasions by inferior teams, mostly in the last 5 minutes of the game.

He "outcoached" (overrated term anyways) Jim Calhoun, Billy Donovan, Kevin Stallings, and John Calipari this year.

It's not his fault he has no consistent offensive guards other than Golden on his team.

I would like to see any coach find a good offensive with the guards this team has.

I said 7 for one reason. WE SHOWED A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT NEAR THE END OF THE SEASON. If improvement throughout the season, and peaking in february and march is a trend for CCM's teams... it will be a welcome change compared to the previous hoopla and fizzle.

That being said... CCM has a couple things to learn about big time college bball coaching:

#1. When to call a Fn TO to stop 10-0 runs.
#2. Implementation of a Fn Zone defense once in a while.
#3. How to score against a 2-3 zone defense.
#4. No matter how tough you are and how hard you work on defense... and you better keep it that way!!! STILL ,you can't win without gettin some boys who can FILL IT UP!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
He "outcoached" (overrated term anyways) Jim Calhoun, Billy Donovan, Kevin Stallings, and John Calipari this year.

It's not his fault he has no consistent offensive guards other than Golden on his team.

I would like to see any coach find a good offensive with the guards this team has.

We'll see come next year, hope I am wrong.

7. Would like to see what adjustments he makes and look forward to the future.

I think this team had 4-5 more wins with gameplan adjustments that didn't happen when they needed to.

I said 7 for one reason. WE SHOWED A LOT OF IMPROVEMENT NEAR THE END OF THE SEASON. If improvement throughout the season, and peaking in february and march is a trend for CCM's teams... it will be a welcome change compared to the previous hoopla and fizzle.

That being said... CCM has a couple things to learn about big time college bball coaching:

#1. When to call a Fn TO to stop 10-0 run.
#2. Implementation of a Fn Zone defense once in a while.
#3. How to score against a 2-3 zone defense.
#4. You can't win without gettin some boys who can FILL IT UP!

I was going to mention that this has been a big learning experience for Martin. The bright side is that we will most likely only improve as time goes by and everyone gets more experience.

7. Would like to see what adjustments he makes and look forward to the future.

I think this team had 4-5 more wins with guards that were actually semi-consistent and a decent zone offense to get the ball inside.

fyp

I was going to mention that this has been a big learning experience for Martin. The bright side is that we will most likely only improve as time goes by and everyone gets more experience.

I think we forget Coach Martin is young too. He's only in his 4th year as a head coach.

He'll get there.

VN Store

Back