Votes: 179 44.9%

Votes: 42 10.5%

Votes: 8 2.0%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
7 … prior to the bowl game I would say 8.

I think it was a growing season and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn’t know or REALLY watch football. Defense must improve no doubt. Play calling leaves a little to be desired at times on both sides of the ball. But when you’ve lost so many in the portal and are playing with another coaches players, I am very forgiving. Pleased with the season, frustrated by the bowl game, but that field did not compliment Vols offense. And the refs were very questionable to say the least.

Fun to watch . Never felt like just turning the game off because the team had already quit ( felt that way several times in the last 3 seasons). Still growing but JH has done so much with so little this year I cant wait till he get a loaded roster!!

There were definitely 3-4 wins left on the table.

Florida never played well after they played us as they really seemed to implode much like we did last year after halftime if the Georgia game.

Pitt was winnable if Hooker was starting and we didn’t get hit wit that terrible spot late in the game where we would have had a first down inside the 20.

Ole Miss with just a break or two along with the terrible forward motion call that took away the touchdown.

Purdue with a few less questionable PI calls both for and against with the terrible OT touchdown call.

I really thought a 6-6 season was the best possible outcome so I will not complain.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
From where we've been, where we were 12 months ago and what the expectations were before the season ... a solid 7. Would have been an 8 with the bowl win. I'm satisfied. It was a successful season for what we really need at the present. Positive publicity, steady progress and obvious signs of a culture change. Recruiting was good on paper but the new guys need to prove to be significant contributors over time.

Would have been nice to knock off FL seeing how their season turned out. An Ole Miss win would have helped too.

Generally judge a successful season by results against FL, GA, AL and the bowl game.

Bowl game was a sham and no one is touching GA or Bama right now.

Taking 2 out of 3 vs Purdue, FL, and Ole Miss would have put it in 8.5 territory for me.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
I will make it a 7.5. First year with staff, had to replace alot of depth with guys on the fly, and rebuild the culture.

I expected, at best, for this team to be a 6. Time will tell if they are on a good trajectory over there in Knoxville.

One thing to the fans; If yall are gonna do that Rocky Top Woo nonsense all night long? Do it at the same time. Y'all were all over the place with it. Sloppy sloppy sloppy!

6. Slightly better than I expected for final record. Occassional flashes of brilliance on offense. Defense better than I expected but really need a lot of help. CJH and staff did more with less, overall. Still losing to our main rivals.

Based on preseason expectations I was thinking between 8 and 9. Just rounded up. Watching those playoff games yesterday does have me agitated. I don’t see how in the hell we’re ever gonna compete with their like. Even so, 2021 was a good showing given where we were in 2020 and how many players quit the team.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Tough call. I gave the team and the job CJH did an 8 for blowing away my expectations but still struggling against similarly talented teams.

Reactions: volz2wallz
7. Game management fell a bit short in the 3 games we lost. Need to learn how to close those out.

7. Won some games in blowouts that were unexpected. Had the usual blowout losses against FL, AL, GA.

6...with a MCB Win would have been a 7

REMEMBER...ALL that matters are "Ws"...

ANYTHING else is just mental masturbation.

Reactions: govols105

I had us not making a bowl. Instead we won 7, made a bowl (that I think was somewhat stolen from us) and recruiting has been acceptable.

The offense was remarkable.

I came into the season a doubter of the hire and CJH has done nothing but prove me wrong so far.

Reactions: GAVol
I'll go with 7. I expected a 6-6 season if we were lucky so CJH and crew exceeded my expectations.

In addition, for the first time in a long long time Vol football was actually fun again. The fans responded in kind. I had more fun watching that Ole Miss game than any game in a long time even though we got hosed. I also learned this year that sometimes not expecting to win every game and simply enjoying the spectacle has at least some benefit.

We had a pretty good season winning 7 a little disapointed that we lost the bowl game, but i still rate the season a 7, you got to think what we were playing with under man, and with 68 to 72 players we were lucky to win the 7 games.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

VN Store

Back