Rankings 5/23/2022

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Will update through the day:

Teams in RED in RPI are D! projected region hosts. TCU at #34 is not in the top-30
Yellow teams are SEC

Green highlight represents an increase in RPI rank since 5/16
Red highlight represents a decrease in RPI rank since 5/16

In the RPI, Maryland is a big mover as they clinched the Big10. Which is the weakest Power-5 conference in decades.
Virginia Tech and Miami have solidified national seeds

Vanderbilt and Auburn have the RPI for national seeds but won't get there. In fact, Auburn will be a regional host only and Texas &M will get a Super spot.

LSU had a big weekend but being swept the weekend before at home by Ole Miss will keep them from a regional spot. If they win Hoover, maybe that will change, but I don't think so.

Last edited:
As you can tell, 35 winds is the low end of hosting EXCEPT Notre Dame who can call off 7 games (half due to RPI concerns) and have only 33 wins. TCU 35-18.

Not sure how Oregon with 21 losses can be considered as a host. Especially as a 13 seed ahead of Ga. Southern and Oklahoma State. Texas, LSU, and Wake Forest should be considered before Oregon.

@frye....did you purposely try to remind us of the idiot polls who dared drop the Vols to #2 that one week? If so, cool.

But we weren't there last week. Even in the mo-ron polls.

As you can tell, 35 winds is the low end of hosting EXCEPT Notre Dame who can call off 7 games (half due to RPI concerns) and have only 33 wins. TCU 35-18.

Not sure how Oregon with 21 losses can be considered as a host. Especially as a 13 seed ahead of Ga. Southern and Oklahoma State. Texas, LSU, and Wake Forest should be considered before Oregon.
ND is the one who bothers me the most with them only playing 46 games. There should be a minimum games played qualifier added for hosting. ND citing “logistical difficulties” for their reasoning of cancelling a weekend series the first weekend in May is crap. You’ve known for months you’re playing that weekend in VA and have had ample time to formulate your logistical plan.

@frye....did you purposely try to remind us of the idiot polls who dared drop the Vols to #2 that one week? If so, cool.

But we weren't there last week. Even in the mo-ron polls.
I think it’s just obvious that we will remain #1 across the board so he went ahead and put us there. If that’s what you’re referring to at least.

All but NCBWA is in. D1 is normally the first and they were kind of slow this morning.
The coaches poll has been on point all year and this week the coaches have just mailed it in with their Oregon State and Arkansas Votes.

Collegiate Baseball panel is evidently hitting a common bong with UCSB, TCU, East Carolina, UCLA, Connecticut (who lost series to Georgetown) and Iowa.

Perfect Game used to be the crazies and they have become quite reliable.

And don't look now but the last ACC check to Baseball America must have bounced

Finally, D1 and Collegiate Baseball feel a lot more strongly about TCU. D1 has them as a host for Christ's sake.

I think it’s just obvious that we will remain #1 across the board so he went ahead and put us there. If that’s what you’re referring to at least.
I was referring to the column showing last week's ranking. Those moron polls reflect we were #2 last week but it was the week before.

But it went away when you updated to the new rankings.

Last edited:
Capitulated.....that's rather kind.

They:

Wilted
Folded
Choked
Etc.

And got their little hineys spanked.
That’s what happens whenever they actually played the good teams in their conference. Other than having a mental thing over Oregon, they lost series to Stanford, Arizona, and UCLA. They don’t hit for power and it will be the reason why they might not make it out of their region. I definitely don’t see them getting past super regionals.

All polls and rankings in place
Consensus #1 once again
I believe the first consensus #1 week was 3/28/2022 and they have been consensus #1 for all but a single week. 8 out of 9 weeks.

There are 7 SEC teams in RPI top 30 making them pretty much a lock for tourney.
Arkansas and Mississippi are 33 and 36 and Are locks as well.
Alabama at 48 needs to make some noise and likely win the SEC tourney.
Kentucky and South Carolina have ZERO chance to win the tourney.

Tennessee has wrapped up a national seed and likely the #1 seed regardless of what happens this week. They will either be SEC tourney champs or have 2 losses. That's what sucks about conference tourneys. 1 win gets them to 50 wins. No other team will get anywhere near that number.

I suspect the SEC POY and All-SEC selections will fire up some guys. Namely Lipscomb and Ortega.

DI Baseball Rankings - RPI | NCAA.com

Arky #37
Ole Miss #39
Bammer #41

Does Bammer get in with another W?
I think they had an almost identical situation last season and got in, so I would venture to say they may have already gotten in with the wins over Georgia and Arkansas. Almost 100% they are in if they win the next game.

VN Store

Back