Rankings 3/6/2023

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
It's WAY to early to look at RPI but I have added it anyway.

Not a lot of movement in Top-10 expected
Tennessee is up in Baseball America to #5 as they passed Vanderbilt who dropped to #7 after struggling more than they should against Big10 schools

(EDIT) Tennessee jumps to #3 in Collegiate Baseball from #6. This likely means the Vols will be top 5 in every poll.

(EDIT) I don't like the PerfectGame poll but added it anyway. Their voter(s) obviously eat too much pork

(EDIT) No change in the Coaches poll as Vols remain #2. I see that Stanford has received a 1st place vote, Wake Forest 3 and Mississippi 1 but Tennessee has none

(EDIT) The NCBWA is the last and is in line with the others.

By the way, US Bank Stadium doesn't exactly go "all out" for this tournament or Minnesota Gopher home games:

cambria-college-classic.jpg

Last edited:
5 of the 6 polls have six SEC schools in the top 10.

Collegiate Baseball has five SEC in top-10 with Mississippi at #13

LSU is consensus #1

Tennessee ranges from 2-5 with an average ranking of 3.7

LSU is still being ranked due to potential. They likely do have the most talented group of home grown and transferr offensive talent but they have not really tested themselves. Even the game at Texas was a disappointment with subpar Texas team

Wake Forest is the deserve darling this season but Louisville is shooting up the rankings.

Amazingly, no "northern" team is being shoved down everyone's throats this season like Notre Dame or Maryland. Iowa may be the closest contender and they are tanked in only three polls and no higher than 16th

Louisiana Tech is about to take 2 out of 3 against the piglets this weekend. And I don’t know if anyone noticed but they start off with Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee for their SEC slate. How is their fanbase going to be feeling if they start off 3-12 or 5-10?

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Louisiana Tech is about to take 2 out of 3 against the piglets this weekend. And I don’t know if anyone noticed but they start off with Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee for their SEC slate. How are they going to be feeling if they start off 3-12 or 5-10?
Outside, looking in.

But they'll stay focused and I'll bet no one will be looking forward to playing them by tournament time.

Outside, looking in.

But they'll stay focused and I'll bet no one will be looking forward to playing them by tournament time.
I agree they will still be a good team. That schedule is extremely front loaded. I was more referring to their fanbase. They won’t have too much to say if they start out like that.

5 of the 6 polls have six SEC schools in the top 10.

Collegiate Baseball has five SEC in top-10 with Mississippi at #13

LSU is consensus #1

Tennessee ranges from 2-5 with an average ranking of 3.7

LSU is still being ranked due to potential. They likely do have the most talented group of home grown and transferr offensive talent but they have not really tested themselves. Even the game at Texas was a disappointment with subpar Texas team

Wake Forest is the deserve darling this season but Louisville is shooting up the rankings.

Amazingly, no "northern" team is being shoved down everyone's throats this season like Notre Dame or Maryland. Iowa may be the closest contender and they are tanked in only three polls and no higher than 16th
Wake’s schedule is an absolute joke up to this point along with UVA. They can mash the ball though.

VN Store

Back