Ranking CFB top 10 NEW starting qbs

VolForLife83

1. NICO IAMALEAVA, TENNESSEE​

(Photo: Brianna Paciorka/Knoxville News Sentinel)
12393350.jpg

Iamaleava is the highest-rated quarterback to commit to Tennessee in the modern recruiting era. He saw extended action in the Volunteers' 35-0 win over Iowa in the Citrus Bowl and turned heads, completing 12-of-19 passes for 151 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 27 yards and three scores. Iamaleava had one of college football's top spring passing performances, completing 7-of-9 passes for 96 yards. He's not only the top new starter in college football but is a threat to blossom into one of college football's top overall passers.

Nico will be the star on this years team and rightfully so. But it is going to be the Defense, especially the DL that is going to shock the conference this season. Everyone knows what our offense is capable of. Very few opponents can even visualize what Tennessee will look like once we add a potent defense.
They will learn soon.

I see similarities of early 90's, and what is happening now.

Fulmer took over, we started winning a few games that we would normally lose, started recruiting better, and outcoaching other teams on Saturdays, and evident we were outcoaching in the offseason as well.

Then we started distancing ourselves from the bottom of the conference, got a good running game rolling, and clutch passing game, then scored Peyton Manning in recruiting, which set recruiting off, and led to back to back SEC championships and a National Championship.

Now we saw Heup step in, has won some games we are not used to winning, made some separation with the lower of the pack, running game AND passing is fantastic in that we had the #1 offense in 22. He obviously is outcoaching folks on Saturdays, and scored not only a 5 star NICO, but also got 5 star McIntyre coming in December, and has a crystal ball on a 2026 5 star Brandon (I think) from North Carolina.

And now we got a 12/14 team playoff on the horizon, and a transfer portal and NIL with good financial support... the timing is good for us to have this spark and some momentum. Go Vols.

He’s not getting any national preseason love. I think he is going to shock a lot of the pundits very early on.
A lot of that will depend on how quickly he and the WR group mesh up. It might take a few games for that comfort and connection to develop. I know Nico will have had an entire off season and spring and fall practice to work with the receivers but there is just something about actual game speed that is different

Reactions: McDad and snarcks
I'm trying not to get too excited. I do think the season will have more to do with how the D performs than the O because I think Nico and the O will average around 34 ppg this season, which should be enough to win most games.

I'm trying not to get too excited. I do think the season will have more to do with how the D performs than the O because I think Nico and the O will average around 34 ppg this season, which should be enough to win most games.
I think we averaged 46 ppg in 2022, with Hendon in command of the offense.

I think Nico is going to out-perform Hendon. Yes, this year.

Watch out, this is gonna be a hugely fun ride this year. With signs that it could continue for many years to come.

Go Vols!

Go Vols!
I would love to see that. I have concerns about the running game. I really like Sampson, but not sure if Seldon will be healthy enough. Recent reports are that he is ahead of schedule and has begin working out again. So that's a positive sign. Heup's O always runs the ball, so can they this season too?

Watch out, this is gonna be a hugely fun ride this year. With signs that it could continue for many years to come.

Go Vols!
While i hope this proves true, let's not put that much pressure on a young man starting his first full year. Having a true sophomore in his first starting role have expectations of performing greater than any qb in the history of our program, is a heavy heavy burden.

Go Vols!
I would love to see that! I don't expect our offensives statistics to be better than 2022, but I expect Nico to tie or exceed Hendon's win/loss record of 10-2.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do, early season tests loom large. Not making any crazy predictions, just hope he has a solid season that can be built upon.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I would love to see that. I have concerns about the running game. I really like Sampson, but not sure if Seldon will be healthy enough. Recent reports are that he is ahead of schedule and has begin working out again. So that's a positive sign. Heup's O always runs the ball, so can they this season too?
I can see the concern, replacing a RB like Wright is typically felt, no matter what. But when I look at how effective RB's like Small and Chandler were in this offense, I wonder if Seldon, Bishop, Keith, and even Lewis will be able to not only give us what we need, but almost make up for the loss.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

Go Vols!
Woah.

That's a really big prediction, JP. Would love to see it but you may be just a touch overzealous, here.

I can see the concern, replacing a RB like Wright is typically felt, no matter what. But when I look at how effective RB's like Small and Chandler were in this offense, I wonder if Seldon, Bishop, Keith, and even Lewis will be able to not only give us what we need, but almost make up for the loss.
They have the talent to run.

Concern is picking up the blocking.

Fulmer took over, we started winning a few games that we would normally lose, started recruiting better, and outcoaching other teams on Saturdays, and evident we were outcoaching in the offseason as well.

Then we started distancing ourselves from the bottom of the conference, got a good running game rolling, and clutch passing game, then scored Peyton Manning in recruiting, which set recruiting off, and led to back to back SEC championships and a National Championship.

Now we saw Heup step in, has won some games we are not used to winning, made some separation with the lower of the pack, running game AND passing is fantastic in that we had the #1 offense in 22. He obviously is outcoaching folks on Saturdays, and scored not only a 5 star NICO, but also got 5 star McIntyre coming in December, and has a crystal ball on a 2026 5 star Brandon (I think) from North Carolina.

And now we got a 12/14 team playoff on the horizon, and a transfer portal and NIL with good financial support... the timing is good for us to have this spark and some momentum. Go Vols.
Just think; sabbatical.

1. NICO IAMALEAVA, TENNESSEE​

(Photo: Brianna Paciorka/Knoxville News Sentinel)
12393350.jpg

Iamaleava is the highest-rated quarterback to commit to Tennessee in the modern recruiting era. He saw extended action in the Volunteers' 35-0 win over Iowa in the Citrus Bowl and turned heads, completing 12-of-19 passes for 151 yards and a touchdown and rushed for 27 yards and three scores. Iamaleava had one of college football's top spring passing performances, completing 7-of-9 passes for 96 yards. He's not only the top new starter in college football but is a threat to blossom into one of college football's top overall passers.

Has he bulked up any during the off season? Sure hope so!

2nd paragraph is BS

RB depth is really the only area of concern. I know Sampson will be great and I have full trust Seldon will as well but with him maybe not available at the start of camp and Peyton Lewis ALSo coming off of an injury and missing all of spring then you are left with Keith and he is an obvious step below the rotation pieces we had last year. Hopefully Seldon and Lewis are ready by the time we hit the meat of our schedule.

RB depth is really the only area of concern. I know Sampson will be great and I have full trust Seldon will as well but with him maybe not available at the start of camp and Peyton Lewis ALSo coming off of an injury and missing all of spring then you are left with Keith and he is an obvious step below the rotation pieces we had last year. Hopefully Seldon and Lewis are ready by the time we hit the meat of our schedule.
Exactly. The talent they have behind Seldon is inexperienced.

Reactions: FBtime

VN Store

Back