Rankin leaving Alcoa

Kind of surprised. Remember he left a great program at Riverdale. There were family reasons for the move that I don't feel need to be discussed here, but it was for certain programs available there. He's done an excellent job at Alcoa including beating Maryville a couple of times which is quite an accomplishment when you consider the numbers differential with Alcoa always have to use multiple two way players.

Really surprised at this move, but I don't know the details. G.R. is at the top of Tennessee high school coaches.

Reactions: StarRaider
Kind of surprised. Remember he left a great program at Riverdale. There were family reasons for the move that I don't feel need to be discussed here, but it was for certain programs available there. He's done an excellent job at Alcoa including beating Maryville a couple of times which is quite an accomplishment when you consider the numbers differential with Alcoa always have to use multiple two way players.
They dont use multiple 2 way players ... the may have 450 students in school and 100 of them football players ..so they have plenty to choose from

Reactions: WallyBalls
Joe Celsius and Ray Bradbury are leading candidates.

He will go private school most likely. He probably has maxed out his TSSAA retirement and can start pulling on that and get full pay at a private school.

Reactions: UTwild82
He will go private school most likely. He probably has maxed out his TSSAA retirement and can start pulling on that and get full pay at a private school.
His son is S&C coach at Boyd Buchanan, and their coach just “resigned” today…

VN Store

Back