Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

Speaking of random, for some reason I was thinking about my uncle who lived in Jackson Tennessee earlier. He was a radio DJ (or whatever you call them), and pretty sure they played like rock. When we'd visit growing up, he'd always play this kids song about Noah ( no idea what it was now), for me and my sister. He'd call our names over the radio, and play that for us. I remember thinking how awesome it was to hear my name on the radio 🤣

Speaking of random, for some reason I was thinking about my uncle who lived in Jackson Tennessee earlier. He was a radio DJ (or whatever you call them), and pretty sure they played like rock. When we'd visit growing up, he'd always play this kids song about Noah ( no idea what it was now), for me and my sister. He'd call our names over the radio, and play that for us. I remember thinking how awesome it was to hear my name on the radio 🤣
Iffin I find out that song was "Noah Found Grace in the Eyes of the Lord" by the Statler Brothers and you don't know that song, I'm pretty sure me and you gon fight.

Iffin I find out that song was "Noah Found Grace in the Eyes of the Lord" by the Statler Brothers and you don't know that song, I'm pretty sure me and you gon fight.
It was some kid type sing, I remember it saying something like "two by two", talking about the animals.

There was a radio station in Atlanta back when radio still meant something. It was on a weak signal, but a good car radio could pick it up in the core five counties. The eclectic DJs played rock and soul with a few odd things mixed in. When the staff got the word that the station was to be sold, and it wasn’t likely that they’d be retained, they freed themselves from any restraint. On the nineteenth of the month, they played The Rolling Stones Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown nineteen times in a row. They would mix in old jazz standards and follow them with Led Zepplin or Jefferson airplane. They played songs from albums that hadn’t been released as singles. When a local politician was going through an ugly divorce, they played Tammy Wynette in the background while reporting the news. They filled their news reports with obscure items and spent a lot of time commenting on local celebs being “hot” in the vocal style of effeminate drag queens. They went off the air with I’ll Be Seeing You in All the Familiar Places. It was must tune in radio for about 30 days. For a long while, it was rumored that they were the inspiration for WKRP in Cincinnati. That was quashed during a retrospective of the TV show.

Reactions: Vjcvette and McDad
raf,750x1000,075,t,575734:56d55c57b2.jpg

VN Store

Back