Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

There was a shooting in my Miami hood a block from my place. Had I been there I would have heard it. My bedroom windows overlook where it happened. I live in a really good neighborhood.

I have actually never heard random gunshots.

I’ve seen a superpod of dolphins from the deck of a motor launch traveling from Ventura to Anacapa island. Same trip, I saw hundreds of sea ducks flying north. All this splendor was counterpointed by the potent odor of elephant seals hauled out on Anacapa.

There was a shooting in my Miami hood a block from my place. Had I been there I would have heard it. My bedroom windows overlook where it happened. I live in a really good neighborhood.

I have actually never heard random gunshots.
I hear them hear a lot. Not shooting people, just rednecks😅

I was of the understanding you were our expert.
How’s the little one?
She’s probably about to the mouthy stage if I had to guess

I’m still green behind the ears.

Well, she may have ruined a wedding today, but otherwise great. She was the flower girl. Rehearsal went great last night but having all the eyes on her freaked her out a bit and as she got to the altar she starting screaming. I scooped her up and ran as the bride walked down the aisle but you could definitely hear her over the music.

She definitely got to the sassy stage way earlier than I anticipated. She is weirdly manipulative as well. Might just have a little sociopath on my hands.

@SergeantVol

Also, if you’ve ever been to JRTC, what can I expect? Aviation unit probably doesn’t get it as bad as the ground guys, but I’ve heard they’ll still try to **** on us. We’ve practiced setting up our tents and generators half a dozen times, but it’ll have been a couple months. I have no idea what to expect mission wise.

An ex next door neighbor of mine posted on his Facebook account when he got back from a vacation “I’m back in Memphis to the sight of drive out tags and the smell of gunpowder”. 😛

Land at empty airport. Of course, you are in the farthest gate, takes an hour to get luggage, luggage is beat the hell up, moving walkways don't work, panhandler in parking garage, one payment lane working to leave garage, hear gunshots, trash on streets, tons of potholes.

Welcome to Memphis

VN Store

Back