Rae miked up

I am so excited to see how Rae handles her senior-season business. Sad, too, because I'm not ready for this to be her final season! :confused:

Reactions: ruvol and Lucy
"My last day of first day of practice." So, that answers a question.

If things keep trending the way they are and she is gonna be a first round pick i don't know that any of us would expect her to return. If she improves i definitely would expect her to go pro. It will also give kellie two players drafted in two years and UT can once again say we turn out first round players to recruits. Yes, Holly recruited them but they are Kellie's players.

If things keep trending the way they are and she is gonna be a first round pick i don't know that any of us would expect her to return. If she improves i definitely would expect her to go pro. It will also give kellie two players drafted in two years and UT can once again say we turn out first round players to recruits. Yes, Holly recruited them but they are Kellie's players.
Factual!

I see no reason why Rae won't improve even more this season. Rae scored 3.6 ppg as freshman; 10.5 ppg as a sophmore; and 16.8 ppg as a junior. Given that trend line, it should not surprise anyone if Rae scores over 21 ppg this season. I see Rae--the best player on the best team in the SEC- as SEC POY. Yes, I said it out loud.

I see no reason why Rae won't improve even more this season. Rae scored 3.6 ppg as freshman; 10.5 ppg as a sophmore; and 16.8 ppg as a junior. Given that trend line, it should not surprise anyone if Rae scores over 21 ppg this season. I see Rae--the best player on the best team in the SEC- as SEC POY. Yes, I said it out loud.

Rae will find life a lot harder without Davis as the focal point of the defense. Davis could create a shot off the dribble anytime she wanted. Rae "bull in the china shot" isn't nearly as adept. She will still put up some points, but it wouldn't surprise me to see her shooting numbers take a dip this season.

Ideally Horston should be the team's leading scorer, but with her mental fragility and Kellie's mismanagement of her at point guard, I'm not expecting that to come to fruition...

Rae will find life a lot harder without Davis as the focal point of the defense.

Hence the need for another deadly perimeter shooter to help Rae get open, and hence the welcome news the other day that Puckett just may be that shooter.

it wouldn't surprise me to see her shooting numbers take a dip this season.

And it wouldn't surprise me to see you prediction numbers take a dip this season.

Ideally Horston should be the team's leading scorer, but with her mental fragility and Kellie's mismanagement of her at point guard,

Horston is not the best outside shooter on the team, and she isn't a scoring post, so why should you expect her to be the team's leading scorer? And just how has Kellie mismanaged her at PG? And just what makes you think she is mentally fragile?

Rae will find life a lot harder without Davis as the focal point of the defense. Davis could create a shot off the dribble anytime she wanted. Rae "bull in the china shot" isn't nearly as adept. She will still put up some points, but it wouldn't surprise me to see her shooting numbers take a dip this season.

Ideally Horston should be the team's leading scorer, but with her mental fragility and Kellie's mismanagement of her at point guard, I'm not expecting that to come to fruition...

I will be a little less subtle,,,
The loss of Daivs will be big, but the growth of Kaiya will be bigger...as another poster posted, Rae's #'s are Rae scored 3.6 ppg as freshman; 10.5 ppg as a sophmore; and 16.8 ppg as a junior . . .Kaiya will top her Freshman year easily and probably get very close to her Soph and Jr years...If not, there are several players on this roster who could post those numbers sporatically

We have yet to see Jordan Horston's potential. If/When healthy,,,look out. She will not be a consistent scorer, but she will "go off" enough to stay on other team's radar

I'd make a 3 out of her
A DPS
Drive first, Pass second, Shoot last
Come to think of it, this is pretty much what she is

So, if Harper agrees, our lineup card will most likely be:

1) Walker
2) Rae
3) Horston
4) pick one (Dye, Green, Striplin, Puckett, etc)
5) Key

Reactions: dapeak
So, if Harper agrees, our lineup card will most likely be:

1) Walker
2) Rae
3) Horston
4) pick one (Dye, Green, Striplin, Puckett, etc)
5) Key

Actually, I think Kellie has so many options, and will substitute so much, that we won’t really think we see her “starting 5” until SEC season starts. Rae will need someone else who can shoot outside, to take some pressure off her, if Tess and Sara are really good shooters and defenders, at least one, maybe both, will need to be on the floor, so I think we might not see both Jordans on the floor at the same time very much, to make room for a really good shooter. Plus, Marta will see playing time somewhere. Seems like Rae, Tamari, and Alexus may be the starters, after that, many possibilities.

Actually, I think Kellie has so many options, and will substitute so much, that we won’t really think we see her “starting 5” until SEC season starts. Rae will need someone else who can shoot outside, to take some pressure off her, if Tess and Sara are really good shooters and defenders, at least one, maybe both, will need to be on the floor, so I think we might not see both Jordans on the floor at the same time very much, to make room for a really good shooter. Plus, Marta will see playing time somewhere. Seems like Rae, Tamari, and Alexus may be the starters, after that, many possibilities.

Agree with that. I think the team would be more dynamic with Horston at the 1, and a terrific outside shooter at the 3. But I trust Harper a lot more than me to know best.

I agree Kellie has many options but I think she will start 1) Jordan W; 2) Rae; 3) Jordan H; 4) Alexus; and 5) Tamari. I also believe Striplin will see substantial time at the 4 position and may see some time at the 5 spot.

I agree Kellie has many options but I think she will start 1) Jordan W; 2) Rae; 3) Jordan H; 4) Alexus; and 5) Tamari. I also believe Striplin will see substantial time at the 4 position and may see some time at the 5 spot.

Could be, but who is gonna shoot that corner 3 shot? Tamari and Alexus shoot in close, neither Jordan shoots from there, and Rae‘s favorite 3 point spot is at the top corner, 2 spot. Agree about Karoline.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Could be, but who‘s gonna shoot that corner 3 shot? Tamari and Alexus shoot in close, neither Jordan shoots from there, and Rae‘s favorite 3 point spot is at the top corner, 2 spot. Agree about Karoline.
Tess and Sara will see significant time on the floor and perhaps one of them will be the corner 3 shooter. Some of the starters will not necessarily finish the game. We will see numerous rotations and substitutions and possibly lineups until Kellie and the coaching staff determine the right five.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I don’t think we will see many players using a “COVID year” after this season. Maybe a few thinking if they play one more year that might have a better pro shot but I just don’t see many coaches wanting to keep that many players around and I don’t see many players wanting to play 5 years unless there is a reason.

Tess and Sara will see significant time on the floor and perhaps one of them will be the corner 3 shooter. Some of the starters will not necessarily finish the game. We will see numerous rotations and substitutions and possibly lineups until Kellie and the coaching staff determine the right five.

Did you see my post #16, sounds like we pretty much agree. 🙂

Reactions: J-Dog 1313
The only two things that could stop this year's team from taking a big step up from last season's results are, 1. multiple injuries and, 2. the focus-sapping power of young love. lol

Yeah, I laughed after that second thing, but, well, I *have* known players who didn't reach their full potential because they were way more focused on their love lives than they were in spending extra time putting up shots. It's perfectly natural for young people to go gah-gah for one another and to allow that to be their top priority, but it's always my hope that our Lady Vol athletes can find a way to enjoy their social lives -- but not TOO MUCH. lol

VN Store

Back