Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

Rae was shooting around in warmups but no elevation and walking with slight limp. If she can't jump off the floor I think she has a long way to go to play full speed basketball. Attendence at Ala game a little over 4,000 I would guess. Lower bowl less than 40% full.

thank you for continued reporting on the attendance ... those 4k (that you guestimated by eyeballing it) sounded so loud again. If fans in that capacity keep being that loud it is truly a home court advantage and i love it

Last edited:
I am pretty sure official attendence of over 8,000 includes all season ticket holders whether they are in attendence or not. Again the end zone seats were basically empty and sidelines maybe half full. That's why I estimate 4,000-4,500 actual attendence.

As for Rae's shooting form, she was taking outside shots and getting off the ground a little (set shots, not jump shots), but it looked like she was mostly pushing up from her left leg with very little push from the right leg. But I sure look forward to her getting back into the game before tourney time.

It would definitely be harder for her next year because there are more players that have the same attributes as her that she'll be competing with. Generally speaking, there usually isn't much league talent after the 1st round, and some of those lottery picks won't make teams in their 2nd/3rd season. But '23 is really shaping up to be a monster draft class.
I agree with the quality for sure. But there’s not many players that will outwork her and she has the skill set to follow. One more yr may possibly allow the game to slow down for her. I feel she still force things at times.

I hope Rae comes back next year! I can’t imagine her wanting to close out her senior year not getting to play alot.
She has no interesting in coming back for another year. It would be great, but she’s ready to move to the next level. The only way that might change is if she doesn’t get to play at all this season.

The medical staff will be all over Rae like white on rice tomorrow after giving the leg a test run today. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there's no swelling or increase in pain this time tomorrow.

If today's experiment works out it'll still take her another few weeks to get back up to speed. If she's anywhere north of 90% in a month I will be praising the basketball gods. Sure was good to see her out there today. :D

The medical staff will be all over Rae like white on rice tomorrow after giving the leg a test run today. Let's keep our fingers crossed that there's no swelling or increase in pain this time tomorrow.

If today's experiment works out it'll still take her another few weeks to get back up to speed. If she's anywhere north of 90% in a month I will be praising the basketball gods. Sure was good to see her out there today. :D

For her first shot, it sure was sweet to see her take a transition jumper and hit only net.

I would like to know how good Rae's Lateral movement is to defend. Hopefully, Kellie works her in slowly and allows her to return to form come Early - Mid February with no setbacks. She should not feel any pressure these first couple of weeks to perform at Peak Elite Rae Form. Get her into the rotation and put her in a position to be successful and build confidence. With her back, we are easily 9-10 deep with players that can score the basketball and play pretty good defense. She will open the floor up even more for our post players who are playing really well right now.

I would like to know how good Rae's Lateral movement is to defend. Hopefully, Kellie works her in slowly and allows her to return to form come Early - Mid February with no setbacks. She should not feel any pressure these first couple of weeks to perform at Peak Elite Rae Form. Get her into the rotation and put her in a position to be successful and build confidence. With her back, we are easily 9-10 deep with players that can score the basketball and play pretty good defense. She will open the floor up even more for our post players who are playing really well right now.

If medical staff and her doctors have cleared her to play, then the knee is structurally sound. It's likely she'll be afraid to move laterally as much as she used to until she gains confidence it won't give again.

If medical staff and her doctors have cleared her to play, then the knee is structurally sound. It's likely she'll be afraid to move laterally as much as she used to until she gains confidence it won't give again.

At least all the conspiracy theories can be laid to rest now... As it turns out, the illumanti were not hiding her medical records which would have revealed Rae to be a shape shifting lizard alien. (though if she was, bring on the shape shifting lizard aliens I say!!!!!)

Based on her being back now what injury could it have been look at the timeline and knowing how she injured her knee

As the news spread throughout SEC land that Rae was back, terror was their shared emotion.
e6562c6a18307c8e561aa1cc63ab3bb5.gif

Great news about Rae. This is a huge year for her as well as the team. I think she will make a great pro, and I would love to have her as a member of the Conn. Sun. We haven't had a really good 3 pt shooter since Shekena Stricklin moved on to Atlanta. ( I know I screwed up the spelling) . Hope she returns real soon because she is fun to watch, and these injuries are heartbreaking to these young girls. My heart goes out to any of these players that suffer such an injury, and I don't care who they play for. They have put the rest of their life on hold to become a great basketball player. May all the players be healthy so they can continue to work towards their dream.
I see in the latest ESPN mock draft Rae is not projected to be taken in the first round. Hope this a miscalculation in its latest mock draft.

I see in the latest ESPN mock draft Rae is not projected to be taken in the first round. Hope this a miscalculation in its latest mock draft.

expected,,,BB is a "what have you done for me lately" sport,,,Rae missed a lot of time while others jumped into higher view...Rae can get back there,,,she just has to let it come back to her and not try to force it back

VN Store

Back