Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

I don’t think this is an evil plot to keep info from the fan base
I've never thought there was an evil plot, just a very different roll out of info than we're used to. Which is of course, perfectly within Rae's rights; she doesn't have to tell us a thing.

And for the 8 millionth time in this thread alone, there are NO secrets from any team considering drafting any player in any sport. They are basically hiring the body. They'll know.

My big hope is that Rae gets to play when they go to Vegas for her Sr. home trip. However, I sure don't want her to rush.

Even if she comes back next week, will she trust her leg enough to go all out? The team has to move forward so time for others to show up.
That usually happens when a player has surgery on her knee…. If it is something that just takes rehab and rest…. Usually that player is not that concerned about the knee.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Why the secrecy? Dang any HS player would already have results and lined up for surgery if it was necessary. They obviously know the extent of the injury but are choosing not to share for some unknown reason.
What is this such a big deal for you? It will not make her recover any quicker. She will play when the Doctore clears her to play.

Diamond miller for Maryland was out for awhile because of knee soreness and saw her 1st action this season vs Baylor yesterday maybe Rae has knee soreness as well?

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I am gonna conjecture. I have no inside knowledge and I am just taking a guess on some clues so I am more likely to be wrong than right.

Apparently, Rae said she felt a pop when she landed; the trainer was checking the area behind the knee and did not seem concerned about an ACL. Rae has gone from crutches to walking around in about a week.

All that could be consistent with a small meniscus tear. When a tear occurs on the outer third of the meniscus (where there is good blood flow), the tear can potentially heal on its own (sometimes they do and sometimes they still require a surgical repair).

If it is a tear, I am betting that the medical staff has concluded that it has a decent chance of healing in 4-6 weeks (and if doesn't then surgery becomes something to consider more seriously). So, Rae could be back around late December or January, if this conjecture were to be accurate.

I think it would be terrific if we knew she would be back for the SEC schedule. That is another 5 weeks. SEC going to be tough again as several teams getting better as season progresses. Auburn won over number 18 Ga. Tech so they are improving after losing to a couple of mid-majors. League will be tough hopefully we will have Rae back for that tough run.

What Are the Symptoms of a Knee Sprain?
  • Immediate pain in the knee after a direct blow or twist.
  • Pain with movement or activity in the knee.
  • Swelling in the knee.
  • Walking with a limp or a feeling that the knee is going to “give out” with standing and walking.
  • The feeling of a “pop” or “snap” felt in the knee when the injury occurred.
This is a 3 to 4 week injury hoping this is what happened if so she would be about halfway back.

What Are the Symptoms of a Knee Sprain?
  • Immediate pain in the knee after a direct blow or twist.
  • Pain with movement or activity in the knee.
  • Swelling in the knee.
  • Walking with a limp or a feeling that the knee is going to “give out” with standing and walking.
  • The feeling of a “pop” or “snap” felt in the knee when the injury occurred.
This is a 3 to 4 week injury hoping this is what happened if so she would be about halfway back.

If I had to bet I would think it was definitely this

Reactions: Volfan2012
A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks to heal. A grade 3 tear usually takes four to eight weeks to heal, unless the ACL is also damaged, in which case recovery may take longer. This is probably the resulting length of time for an MCL to heal since we have learned that there was no ACL Problems. She has been out about two weeks you would think the worst case is January and the best case about a couple more weeks.

VN Store

Back