Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

View attachment 411563Where is Rae in this photo?

I believe she is reclined in the seat next to Emily. If you zoom in it appears you can see what was around her ankle in the standing photo is around her knee over her sweats. I think she undid it for the standing pic and that’s why it looks weird.

If it is a Knee sprain would probably be the best senario.

Typically, a grade 1 knee sprain or a grade 2 knee sprain involving the MCL or LCL will heal in 2 to 4 weeks. More severe sprains or injuries involving the other ligaments may take anywhere from 4 months to an entire year

Funny some were contending that is was obvious that there was conspiratorial cover-up of bad news, when no announcement was immediately forthcoming. The reality is that knee injuries can be complicated and create a lot of internal swelling. Under those conditions, MRI results can be inconclusive. It is possible that she has not even had an MRI yet and the ACL was assessed manually, When the ACL is not torn, a good orthopedic doctor can tell immediately from the resistance testing. Folks just need to be patient and hope for the best.

Last edited:
I believe she is reclined in the seat next to Emily. If you zoom in it appears you can see what was around her ankle in the standing photo is around her knee over her sweats. I think she undid it for the standing pic and that’s why it looks weird.
And next to Rae it looks like Marta with a hard white cast

Didn’t she reach for the knee area when they were looking at her on the floor

In my defense, that limb was closer to a twig. I'd carefully venture it was a moderate knee stress. Hopefully she will be back soon. Until then, there's opportunities for subs. Would love to see a couple players step up and fill part of her roles.

In my defense, that limb was closer to a twig. I'd carefully venture it was a moderate knee stress. Hopefully she will be back soon. Until then, there's opportunities for subs. Would love to see a couple players step up and fill part of her roles.
These freshman need to get the nerves out for sure

Great news about Rae. This is a huge year for her as well as the team. I think she will make a great pro, and I would love to have her as a member of the Conn. Sun. We haven't had a really good 3 pt shooter since Shekena Stricklin moved on to Atlanta. ( I know I screwed up the spelling) . Hope she returns real soon because she is fun to watch, and these injuries are heartbreaking to these young girls. My heart goes out to any of these players that suffer such an injury, and I don't care who they play for. They have put the rest of their life on hold to become a great basketball player. May all the players be healthy so they can continue to work towards their dream.

Don’t know anything about injuries but do y’all think Achilles has been ruled out?
Yes, I think so.
I ruptured my achilles tendon decades ago. If that was the problem, she would have been under the knife already.
If it was only a slight tear, it's possible that a non surgery treatment is followed. But I don't think that would be the procedure for someone her age who expects to play an athletic endeavor.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If that is Rae next to Emily, her ankles are crossed. I have never seen anyone with a severe knee issue cross their ankles. If that is Rae and those are her ankles, I (in my medical ignorance) feel she will be back sooner than later. I'm voting hyperextension or some sort of twist causing a strain.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If that is Rae next to Emily, her ankles are crossed. I have never seen anyone with a severe knee issue cross their ankles. If that is Rae and those are her ankles, I (in my medical ignorance) feel she will be back sooner than later. I'm voting hyperextension or some sort of twist causing a strain.
Is sorta looks crossed and it doesn’t at all but all I know about hyperextension is that in the NBA semifinals against the Hawks Giana’s hyperextention looked reallyyyyyyy bad and he missed 1 game but Rae is not Giannis 😭 so idk

Zoom it out, they’re not crossed.

VN Store

Back