Rae Burrell Update from Kellie

Under the circumstances, I would say that is probably the best news we could have received...

nodding-david.gif

I’m happy to hear it isn’t her ACL; I’m not sure how to take “indefinitely” but one of Tess, Brooklyn, Wynn, Puckett will have to truly step up. Walker needs to be more of a scoring threat. Otherwise this team is in for a “grind it out” type of season

I’m happy to hear it isn’t her ACL; I’m not sure how to take “indefinitely” but one of Tess, Brooklyn, Wynn, Puckett will have to truly step up. Walker needs to be more of a scoring threat. Otherwise this team is in for a “grind it out” type of season

Last season that seemed to become a thing. Indefinitely was one game for some players and all season for others. They kept saying “indefinitely” every time Rhyne Howard was out last season but I believe it was only a game or two most times. A few more at one point.

If nothing is torn you would think she would be back by at least January. Sprained knee or hyperextension takes from 2 to 6 weeks to heal. Anything torn would be most of the season or the season as that would need surgery.
kelly said they are monitor the knee could need a few days to see how bad her knee is

A better angle shows she has a brace on the ankle do any injury experts know what it might be forView attachment 411542

Could be an ice pack, maybe a strained calf? Only could be an ankle brace for a high ankle sprain. I’ve seen braces like that for broke fibula but usually they got up closer to the knee. Hard to tell. Just going to hope it heals quickly and fully 🙏🏼

Could be an ice pack, maybe a strained calf? Only could be an ankle brace for a high ankle sprain. I’ve seen braces like that for broke fibula but usually they got up closer to the knee. Hard to tell. Just going to hope it heals quickly and fully 🙏🏼
The dreaded high ankle sprain is something that takes a long time to heal hopefully not that or at least not a bad one. It does appear to be some kind of sprain looked swelled up if just 2 to 3 weeks like poster said will be awesome.

Here is why I hope it is not a high ankle sprain. Six weeks is usually the best that happens with it.

Healing from a high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months — sometimes even more. Healing time depends on how badly you've injured the soft tissue and if there was any bone damage.

Here is why I hope it is not a high ankle sprain. Six weeks is usually the best that happens with it.

Healing from a high ankle sprain can take anywhere from six weeks to three months — sometimes even more. Healing time depends on how badly you've injured the soft tissue and if there was any bone damage.

Could just be a brace she normally wears that is loosened right now as well. When she went down she was most definitely feeling around on her knee.

Last edited:
If it is a Knee sprain would probably be the best senario.

Typically, a grade 1 knee sprain or a grade 2 knee sprain involving the MCL or LCL will heal in 2 to 4 weeks. More severe sprains or injuries involving the other ligaments may take anywhere from 4 months to an entire year

VN Store

Back