Rae Burrell on USA Basketball Americup trial roster

LadyVols_WBK

"The AmeriCup is a national level competition with some of the best players in the Americas," said Jennifer Rizzotti, chair of the USA Basketball Women's Junior National Team Committee. "Because we are unable to bring WNBA players, we will rely on the best returning college players. Obviously, this is a very talented group with good junior national team level USA Basketball experience, but they will learn quickly the difference when playing against pros. So, we'll need to find the 12 players who are up to the challenge of helping us in our dual goal of claiming gold and advancing to the 2022 World Cup qualifying tournament."

2021 USA Basketball Women's AmeriCup Team Trials Roster
Grace Berger, Indiana
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Jakia Brown-Turner, NC State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Veronica Burton, Northwestern
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Elissa Cunane, NC State
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Naz Hillmon, Michigan
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Ashley Joens, Iowa State
Haley Jones, Stanford
Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
Diamond Miller, Maryland
Ashley Owusu, Maryland
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Sedona Prince, Oregon
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
Hailey Van Lith, Louisville

Last edited:
"The AmeriCup is a national level competition with some of the best players in the Americas," said Jennifer Rizzotti, chair of the USA Basketball Women's Junior National Team Committee. "Because we are unable to bring WNBA players, we will rely on the best returning college players. Obviously, this is a very talented group with good junior national team level USA Basketball experience, but they will learn quickly the difference when playing against pros. So, we'll need to find the 12 players who are up to the challenge of helping us in our dual goal of claiming gold and advancing to the 2022 World Cup qualifying tournament."

2021 USA Basketball Women's AmeriCup Team Trials Roster
Grace Berger, Indiana
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Jakia Brown-Turner, NC State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Veronica Burton, Northwestern
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Elissa Cunane, NC State
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Naz Hillmon, Michigan
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Ashley Joens, Iowa State
Haley Jones, Stanford
Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech
Diamond Miller, Maryland
Ashley Owusu, Maryland
Khayla Pointer, LSU
Sedona Prince, Oregon
NaLyssa Smith, Baylor
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
Hailey Van Lith, Louisville

Niceeeeeeee respect...Well deserved RAE!!!! 🧡🏀🧡

bigger question is where is Paige & Christyn Williams

There are quite a few really good players not on that list beyond those two...

Caitlin Clark?
Maddy Westbeld?
Kierstan Bell?
Ayoka Lee?

And I bet if you really started digging, there would be even more head scratching omissions.

I would guess that some players politely declined the invite.

Last edited:

Caitlin Clark?
Maddy Westbeld?
Kierstan Bell?
Ayoka Lee?
Ashley Owusu?

And I bet if you really started digging, there would be even more head scratching omissions.

Owusu was invited and accepted. It's not just on them to accept the invitation though, I think the school must be on board as well, that could be your reason as to why some of the other players may not have been offered or may have been offered but had to decline the invitation because of their program saying no.

Owusu was invited and accepted. It's not just on them to accept the invitation though, I think the school must be on board as well, that could be your reason as to why some of the other players may not have been offered or may have been offered but had to decline the invitation because of their program saying no.

Oops! Miss her on the list. Will edit. :)

Caitlin Clark?
Maddy Westbeld?
Kierstan Bell?
Ayoka Lee?

Possibly, but damn that’s a good list of players who are attending !

why would the school say no?

Caitlin Clark?
Maddy Westbeld?
Kierstan Bell?
Ayoka Lee?

When did Uconn players started declining national invite. Geno always want entire team to be on the roster.

When did Uconn players started declining national invite. Geno always want entire team to be on the roster.

Two summers ago, Christyn Williams came back to campus after an entire summer of USAB, and it was pretty obvious she was burnt out. And while Geno never said it explicitly, there was a lot of speculation about whether her sophomore slump was attributed to some basketball burnout.

I’ll be more surprised if Aaliyah Edwards turns down an invite with Canada basketball.

I don’t think that Geno would tell any of them not to accept the invite unless there was a specific team conflict, but I could see him telling them that it’s okay if they want to just take this time to train and workout on their own and be with their family. UConn chose not to go home at Christmas, and Geno made it clear at the end of the season that he thought the players needed that time at home.

VN Store

Back