Radio silence on Kumar Rocker

I haven’t read anything anywhere saying he intends to go back…but, lol, when Hyams was doing his “news and notes” he said he was going back to school and Wilkerson corrected that immediately, by the time John was done all Jimmy could say was, “interesting”. 😂
I’ve read at least one reputable outlet saying he won’t be back. He had multiple games of over 100 pitches, as did Leiter. The Corbin message was “trust us,” and honestly he did what he needed to do to win. Winning was first, and health was somewhere down the line.

Reactions: VolnJC
Makes sense that Leiter would have pristine mechanics with his dad having pitched in MLB, for almost 20 years no less. Also, noticed that whenever Leiter was removed from games he'd immediately be encased in an armor of ice that looked a bit excessive at the time, but perhaps less so now.
That visual image is neither correct or proven. One could look at Bob Gibson and his numbers to see the stark contrasts.

By the way, the Nolan Ryan worship has to stop.
He was injured ALL the time!
Never led his team to squat.
He was a "my stats" guy just like the also overrated Ernie Banks.
Banks was a big cry baby always complaining about the number of games and once sought a ban on double-headers what a pre-Madonna

"Let's play two" Ernie. Ballplayer.
One of my all time faves...I remember seeing him on TV once before the Old Timers game there was a chance of rain...and he was nervous and kept saying...we gonna get to play...we gonna get to play...after all those seasons he still wanted to be out there even in an exhibition

As an ex-pitcher who had a pro career that was over in a blink of an eye😂 I can tell you that throwing 100 pitches for some guys is much different than 100 pitches for others. Guys like Leiter can do it with ease because his mechanics, quite honestly, are almost flawless. He uses every ounce of his lower and upper half to generate torque, allowing his arm to work with less stress. My guess is that he even has less arm soreness after his starts, but more soreness in his hips and back. Rocker’s mechanics are not the same. He uses his arm and his size to generate his torque and velocity more than his lower half. I noticed that earlier this season. So, there is more stress on his arm. Doesn’t mean he will definitely get injured, but he is more apt to do so (this coming from a guy that personally knows about TJ all too well 😁)

I’ve always looked at my sons rhythm and command to determine when they’ve had enough. Yes throwing 125+ pitchers is risky but sometimes it’s more risky to leave a kid out there throwing 60-70 pitches I f they’re out of rhythm, inconsistent with the strike zone. Strike out guys are always gonna have higher pitch counts than control guys but the control guys may be putting more pressure on elbows

I think Corbin is a great coach and wouldn’t do anything to intentionally hurt a kid but coaches do have confidence in guys to “find themselves” and sometimes you’ve got to see may today isn’t it.

Nolan Ryan explained pitching very clear to me. He said “20% of the time you have such great stuff, nobody will hit you, 20% of the time you won’t be able to get anyone out. How you compete in the other 60% of the time when you can’t find a curve or slider or your control is alittle off determines if you’re a pitcher.”

I think he was a bullpen pitcher, maybe a rookie, on that team. I don't think he was a major contributor. Seaver and Koosman were the big pitching dogs on that team, as I remember.

That's correct, although Ryan started 10 games that year, went 6-3, and had a respectable 3.53 ERA. He also pitched 2.1 scoreless innings in Game 3 of the World Series to get the save (combined with Gary Gentry to shut out the Orioles that game).

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
That's correct, although Ryan started 10 games that year, went 6-3, and had a respectable 3.53 ERA. He also pitched 2.1 scoreless innings in Game 3 of the World Series to get the save (combined with Gary Gentry to shut out the Orioles that game).

Good to know. Thanks.

I'll make this one post here. I'm tired of seeing Vandy boys name at the top of this forum.
How about letting this thread for.

Reactions: StarRaider

I'd call that significant contribution to both the regular season and World Series.

VN Store

Back