Quote from Arky player about looking forward to playing us.

I watched highlights of the Texas A&M --- Arkansas game a couple/three days ago. Both teams were knocking the cover off the ball--A&M built, as I recall, a 7-0 lead and held on to win 10-9, or 11-10. Don't follow either team but they each seem to have some hitters.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I watched highlights of the Texas A&M --- Arkansas game a couple/three days ago. Both teams were knocking the cover off the ball--A&M built, as I recall, a 7-0 lead and held on to win 10-9, or 11-10. Don't follow either team but they each seem to have some hitters.
I saw that game. Both are solid ball clubs. A&M has looked better every time I see them.

I saw that game. Both are solid ball clubs. A&M has looked better every time I see them.

Schloss could win SEC COTY and I’m not sure I could entirely disagree with it. Obviously, I think Vitello will win, but man A&M was TERRIBLE last year. It’s the first season under Schloss and he’s made them a Top-20 team as of April 26th.

Impressive to say the least.

Schloss could win SEC COTY and I’m not sure I could entirely disagree with it. Obviously, I think Vitello will win, but man A&M was TERRIBLE last year. It’s the first season under Schloss and he’s made them a Top-20 team as of April 26th.

Impressive to say the least.
Agree.
‘That team shouldn’t have the record they have and they get better every week.

I don't think. you celebrate "mightily" after beating anybody so early in the season. The Ole Miss series was only our second SEC series. What's more, rankings mean little that early--and Ole Miss is certainly proof of that. I wasn't much impressed by that team and so looked up their schedule after the series: They hadn't beaten anybody of note, as I recall--and I have no idea how or why they were ranked no. 1. Total nonsense that's been confirmed by its current 6-12 SEC record. Act like you've been there--always a good mindset. I'm not saying don't celebrate home runs/wins, etc.--but don't overdue it.
Go find the soccer forum…
Edit: Sorry for the terse snarky remark. I think what they were really celebrating were
the back to back SEC sweeps.

Last edited:
It’s been quite the turnaround. I figured he would get that program back on track, but I didn’t think it would happen this quickly.
Well he has 18 new players from last year’s AM team, with most being transfers. They seemed to hit the portal harder than anyone and he completely revamped the team. That’s still an accomplishment on his part getting them to gel but I don’t think it’s fair to compare this AM roster to last years.

From one of the mods over at Hogville:

“The most comparable thing I have thought of which has occurred this year to Vitello chest bumping the umpire is Juwan Howard throwing the haymaker at the Wisconsin assistant coach.

Under no circumstances should a coach ever make physical contact with an official. Do we see that happening in football or basketball? His 4 game suspension was extremely light, but the team will have other consequences for their coach's action.”

I don’t usually like to add fuel to the fire, but I felt the need to comment on this one. Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous to compare a thrown punch to a minor chest bump? Personally, I don’t think Vitello even meant to make contact, just get in the ump’s face.

“The most comparable thing I have thought of which has occurred this year to Vitello chest bumping the umpire is Juwan Howard throwing the haymaker at the Wisconsin assistant coach.

Under no circumstances should a coach ever make physical contact with an official. Do we see that happening in football or basketball? His 4 game suspension was extremely light, but the team will have other consequences for their coach's action.”

I don’t usually like to add fuel to the fire, but I felt the need to comment on this one. Am I the only one who thinks it’s ridiculous to compare a thrown punch to a minor chest bump? Personally, I don’t think Vitello even meant to make contact, just get in the ump’s face.

Four games was quite sufficient

Don’t get down in the mud with pigs.

I’m definitely not going to start posting over there, lol. This thread made me want to see for myself what they are actually saying. I will say that there are a few unbiased and levelheaded posters over there.

I know a lot of them. Most of them are true knowlegable baseball fans that you can have fun discusions with. Love the sport and their Hogs.

Hogville (the swine website) is an all Arkansas circle jerk. Argue facts and you'll get banned very quickly. I was, over five years ago, and I haven't regretted getting tossed out of the sty.

Comparing these two instances is like comparing apples and chorizo empanadas. They aren’t even remotely the same. But, let Arkansas think that. It’s clear they are just very upset there is 0% chance their prodigal son is returning to replace DVH and they have to find ways to be mad at Vitello so they can act like they didn’t want him.

VN Store

Back