Quinten Dormady is coming back to Rocky Top

Who would you rather be throwing to you at pro day? Hahaha....
Definitely Dormady rather than Guarantano. Although, if you want to show scouts and GMs your catch radius, how you can catch balls thrown behind you, too high, or at your feet, JG can definitely help you there.

Nothing against QD. I think he got a raw deal at UT playing for Jones... just like JG and any number of others did. He chose not to be a Vol. I respect his decision. I wish him the best. But I'm a Vol fan so this has very limited interest to me.

Reactions: KBVol
Lightly recruited ? He had offers from Alabama, Texas and all major programs. He was not handed the job coz he was dating Jones Goddaughter. He waited for his turn for two years and won the job among 3 mediocre QBs in the competition (Him, JG and McBride). What data do you have to suggest that either of JG or Jimmy were better than him ? When JG finally got the start later in the season, he looked just awful and even worse than Dormady.
Yes, he did not live up to his recruiting billing but stop making BS arguments. That QB season was bad and two of the 3 guys in that season (JG and QD) were highly rated kids so blame has to go to mishandling and not developing QBs ? Doesn't it Einstein ?
Jones decision to start Dormandy over JG was not popular in the locker room and divided the team. The division in the locker room is what ultimately did Jones in. You can poo poo that all you want but it's a likely scenario that I believe to be true. QD never had the skills to play QB in the SEC and I believe everyone on the team in '17 knew it.

Lightly recruited ? He had offers from Alabama, Texas and all major programs. He was not handed the job coz he was dating Jones Goddaughter. He waited for his turn for two years and won the job among 3 mediocre QBs in the competition (Him, JG and McBride). What data do you have to suggest that either of JG or Jimmy were better than him ? When JG finally got the start later in the season, he looked just awful and even worse than Dormady.
Yes, he did not live up to his recruiting billing but stop making BS arguments. That QB season was bad and two of the 3 guys in that season (JG and QD) were highly rated kids so blame has to go to mishandling and not developing QBs ? Doesn't it Einstein ?
Deleted

Last edited:
For Proday. Always wondered how it felt to put a misleading title for the thread. I feel like Peter Griffin's doctor, LOL

From his Twitter, I hope he does well and gets drafted. He probably would have been better here but everyone kept adding an n to his last name. ;) But seriously, Good luck to him and what a great thing by the Vols to do for him.

Quinten Dormady
@qdormady

Thank you
@Vol_Football
for inviting me to throw at Proday on March 26. I am blessed for this opportunity to be back on RockyTop! #NFLDraft2020
5:34 PM · Mar 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

COME ON, MAN!

Reactions: VolsnRavens
For Proday. Always wondered how it felt to put a misleading title for the thread. I feel like Peter Griffin's doctor, LOL

From his Twitter, I hope he does well and gets drafted. He probably would have been better here but everyone kept adding an n to his last name. ;) But seriously, Good luck to him and what a great thing by the Vols to do for him.

Quinten Dormady
@qdormady

Thank you
@Vol_Football
for inviting me to throw at Proday on March 26. I am blessed for this opportunity to be back on RockyTop! #NFLDraft2020
5:34 PM · Mar 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
You sure it's not DorMANDY? 😋🤣🤫

Nothing against QD. I think he got a raw deal at UT playing for Jones... just like JG and any number of others did. He chose not to be a Vol. I respect his decision. I wish him the best. But I'm a Vol fan so this has very limited interest to me.

So, who are your favorite pro players ?

So, who are your favorite pro players ?
I honestly do not follow pro football very closely. I watched the whole Super Bowl this year for the first time since well before Kapernick's crap. I watched them strike and complain and act like fools... until I just decided not to pay them any more by watching.

I love football. But that love is almost exclusively expressed at the non-pro level.

To answer your question, I like Deshaun Watson. Living in Missouri for the last 20 years, it is hard not to at least passively pull for the Chiefs and Mahommes.

I honestly do not follow pro football very closely. I watched the whole Super Bowl this year for the first time since well before Kapernick's crap. I watched them strike and complain and act like fools... until I just decided not to pay them any more by watching.

I love football. But that love is almost exclusively expressed at the non-pro level.

To answer your question, I like Deshaun Watson. Living in Missouri for the last 20 years, it is hard not to at least passively pull for the Chiefs and Mahommes.

I have to come clean. I was being a prick. You were dissing QD coming back for pro day cause you were a Vol fan and had no interest since he was not a Vol. Yet the very limited favorite pro players you mentioned were not Vols. Question was a set up.

I have to come clean. I was being a prick. You were dissing QD coming back for pro day cause you were a Vol fan and had no interest since he was not a Vol. Yet the very limited favorite pro players you mentioned were not Vols. Question was a set up.
When QD was here and being unfairly criticized by a few JG cult members, I defended him. I was disappointed he left. I think he might have done well under Pruitt. But he did leave. Wish him the best... but he's not a Vol.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
When QD was here and being unfairly criticized by a few JG cult members, I defended him. I was disappointed he left. I think he might have done well under Pruitt. But he did leave. Wish him the best... but he's not a Vol.

If my memory serves, didn’t you want him to get more time when Dobbs was here too?

Reactions: k-town_king
Not only that @sjt18 declared him the far superior passer. He said when QD took over we would finally have a real passing game. 🙃🙃🙃😂😂😂
Really? You want to show us that quote?

You... are a fundamentally dishonest person.

I criticized Dobbs for being wild in the strike zone. He got balls close enough to be caught but did not give guys opportunities to run after the catch.

It is very unlikely I said anything like what you claim... because unlike you I have to see guys play before declaring them great. That just isn't like something I would say. I would have been wrong had I said it... simply because I had nothing at that point to go on with QD.... which again makes it VERY likely you are lying... again.

VN Store

Back