Quietly Hurd approaching 1000 yard Season

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Average 73.4 has 367 yds now 5 games. 7 remain average would be 514 total 881. He needs a breakout game or two and perhaps one will come tomorrow. Just saying.

We will see how much playing time he gets tomorrow. If he is still nursing any kind of nagging injuries from last week I wouldn't mind if he didn't see that many carries tomorrow

Reactions: 6 people
Good for him. But that doesnt mean jack when we arent winning games.

Actually it could mean a lot. 1000 yards as a true freshman would be really nice. That could generate a lot of exposure and publicity for the program heading in to next season. Sucks to be losing games, but to say it doesn't mean jack is tunnel vision negativity.

Reactions: 2 people
1,000 yards would be great, but I am sure the coaches are more concerned with his overall health for the remainder of the season more than his rushing total. I would like to see him get it, but we are going to need him to stay healthy to have any change to get 6 wins.

If he can get 1,000 behind this Oline he is doing good.

^This! He is doing a heck of a job for a true freshman! :rock:

Love to see what he can do with a line that block better!

Sit him for Sat, and let Lane and Scott go at it. We need Hurd to be healthy for the rest of schedule!! :crossfingers:

Hurd should only play sparingly against UTC imo. Would love to see him break 1,000 yards but with Bama, Mizz, and Ole Miss on schedule I have a hard time seeing that happening. But one big game could change things. Still waiting for him to break off a 50+ yarder, it's just a matter of when with him. I do think he's on pace to get 1,000 all purpose yards for the season, which is still very impressive.

He won't get a 1000 yards this year, but that's the OLs fault mainly.

In my completely unimportant opinion I think Hurd should sit. Let Lane, Young, Scott and Berry get carries tomorrow.

With Hurd and Lane a little nicked up, I wouldn't mind Scott getting 15 carriers or so. Would love to see what he brings to the table for the remaining games.

A little too quietly to suit me.
I just hope he didn't sign any autographs in the Spring.

a thousand yards behind that line would be a great accomplishment.maybe the O-Line will get better so he can.

i think he will end up with 750 or so.then throw in 400 in receptions.thats a great year for a true freshman.

VN Store

Back